Sign in to follow this  
Guest rmce

Dreamfleet 737

Guest rmce

Can anyone advise on how to get the GPS to work on these excellent aircraft without having to use the Flight Management computer.I would just like to use this aircraft as a straight forward FS aircraft.I have worked out A/P for height speed etc., but cannot get GPS heading to work!!Can this be done?Many thanks,rmceScotland

Guest rmce

Marc,Thanks for the reply.I agree with you that this would be the easy way, however I cannot seem to find a GPS/NAV switch as is found on default Boeings.Now I am sure that teh FMC can programme the coffeee temperature that the hostess brings you, but I would just like to NOT have to FMC everything, and still ahve the incredible aircraft to fly and have funwith.Unless others know different!!

In FS2002, point to options--controls--assignments. You can then assign a key command to the NAV/GPS switch. It's listed under 'Nav1/GPS On/Off' under 'all commands'. I recommend assigning it to 'CTRL+G'. It will function the same as the traditional NAV/GPS switch. You can then load your plan, hit your key command, then try the nav hold and see if it works. Keep in mind it may not affect the HSI but still may work with the Automatic Pilot.Let me know if it works!Marchttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Guest rmce

Marc,I have looked for this **** command under ALL Commands but cannot find it!!Dreamfleet site suggests that it cannot be done as I want,, what I wanna know is why? Its a Sim Plane,, its a computer, its Fs2!!I will look again!Rmce

Marc,To answer your question, it appears that it was designed that way. Evidently the real counterpart isn't flown by coupling the autopilot with an GPS. Still, since this is indeed a game, you can couple the simulated autopilot to the simulated GPS. Go to menu Options/Controls/Assingments. Locate event Nav 1/GPS on/off. Press the "Change Assingment" button. Suggest you press something like SHIFT+G, to be easy to remember. Now, once you have a flight plan loaded, the sequence is you turn the autopilot on, press SHIFT+G, and either press CTRL+N (Autopilot NAV 1 hold on/off) or click on the VOR LOC button on the panel. That's it. Suggest you also activate the GPS window. Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Guest rmce

Dave/Marc,It works!!It is just the way the a/p is handled obviously(!) in this 737 from Dreamflleet. Of course as you point out Dave this is probably more accurate to life!The CTRL G and then Ctrl N put the aircraft on the GPS heading.Now going from Bahamas to Azores then Tenerife as I cross the pond back to UK.What is a realistic average ROC in this 737. Without programming the FMC I have noticed a 3500fpm rocketing into the air! I adjust to around 1800 after take off.I gotta admit that this sim aircraft is superb. All this just to look out the aisle passenger seat!(lol) IMHO looking at this view as you bank left is just incredible. I had this aisle seat in a KLM from Toronto to Amsterdam this winter, on a crystal clear night, and as we banked over Toronto from Pearson in the 747, I thought of this Dreamfleet sensation on Fs2K. It has got it! Thanks for you help.RmceScotland

Glad it works for you. Respectfully suggest checking out FMC tutorials. The learning period isn't too long. The rewards are worth it.Regards,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

Guest rmce

Dave,I Have!! I even played the video three times!It just seemed to crash and burn, or not go anywhere for me after typing in example flights.I accept that I am not as sharp as I was about 20 years ago,, but I have tried to follow line by line, and must be missing out something! Hence the wish to use the aircraft in a way I understand.Since my last e-mail the trim now seems to be out of kilter with Stalling at low speeds. The '7' or '1' keys sem to have no effect, and I have tried Stab Trim on and off, but still AOA ridiculously high.I have adjusted the AP Alt to avail!rmceScotland

rmce (your real name?):Try creating a flight plan in FS2k2, or if you use FSNavigator, export to FS2k2 plan, and you can then import that flight plan into the FMC. It works great and is very easy to do. You can then fly the FMC. This is much easier than trying to manually input a flight plan, even if not quite as realistic. Also integrates with Radar Contact well, this way.Then, using autothrottle and the FMC (won't engage until AFTER liftoff), you will have realistic climb out and speed management.This methods takes the pain out. I too have had trouble manually entering a plan and cannot for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong. Aircraft just noses into the ground after engaging FMC.Hope this helps,Wilson

rmcePerhaps we can fly on-line at the same time, and I can run you through the step by step procedure for a flight. You must have a microphone and speakers with either Windows Messenger, MSN Messenger, or MS Netmeeting for this to work. Let me know if your're interested.Dave Vega

dv

Guest rmce

Dave,I have them all!! Net Meeting is fine with video and voice.Just arranging a time suitable.Its a wonderful idea, and I really appreciate your offer of help.Where R U world wise re time.. I am UK.Ronald (rmce)Scotland

Guest rmce

Wilson,Thanks for the reply.Thanks for the admission of 'incompetence' that I share!!(G) I feel less 'alone' now!I have tried with some success importing Fs2's flight plans, but still I need to think of more info to be input,, such as T/O speeds R's & V's etc. This is fine, but I am still not convinced that it follows the GPS route. Just a wee bit cynical in this respect.I shall do a VOR route and see what happens.Do you see Dave Vegas' reply?This is a great idea, that possibly we should all get together, audio at least, and chat this one out.rmce aka RonaldGlasgowScotland

Ronald:Yes, I think that is a great idea! I would like to join you guys on NetMeeting, if it is okay. I'll look for his information.Actually, t/o speed is calculated automatically by the FMC after you input the ambient temp. Also, if you FSNav or another flight planning program, you can get accurate routing. Only SIDs and STARs will not be transfered. Those can then be manually added AFTER importing. That works okay without the nosedives :-)Anyway, lets see if we can do a complete manual entry.Wilson

>>What is a realistic average ROC in this 737. Without programming the FMC I have noticed a 3500fpm rocketing into the air! I adjust to around 1800 after take off.<