Sign in to follow this  
Bunchy

Ctd With Asa Full Version

Hi Damian/Jim.I've just purchased ASA and I uninstalled AS6.5 and ASX and rebooted before installing ASA.When first running ASA it went through the activation stage and asked if FS9 or FSX were to be initial start programs.I selected FS9 and it started its download ok but when it gets to 'parsing items' it crashes to desktop.I cannot get beyond this stage.I'm running XP SP3 as my op system. I have FS9 and FSX installed.Help gratefully received,Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Same here but with ASA upgrade from ASX, running on Vista x64 (run as admin).

Hi All,Sorry for the problem. Please post your ASA.log file and I'll be happy to take a look.I just tried and got a good download and processing so the servers are up, but may be taking a hit right now.I'll check back in a bit.Thanks,

Hi All,Sorry for the problem. Please post your ASA.log file and I'll be happy to take a look.I just tried and got a good download and processing so the servers are up, but may be taking a hit right now.I'll check back in a bit.Thanks,
Jim,I've searched for my asa.log file on all drives but cannot find it any where. I have hidden files shown, where is it located?Stu
Jim,I've searched for my asa.log file on all drives but cannot find it any where. I have hidden files shown, where is it located?Stu
Jim,Ignore last reply, please find attached asa_log.txtStu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Hi,I misled you a bit: it is called asa_log.txt. We have been calling it ASA log file during testing the last few weeks so old habits are hard to break.It can be found in Documents and Settings\username\application data\HiFi\ASASo you are still getting the error?What anti-virus are you using?Thanks,

Hi,I misled you a bit: it is called asa_log.txt. We have been calling it ASA log file during testing the last few weeks so old habits are hard to break.It can be found in Documents and Settings\username\application data\HiFi\ASASo you are still getting the error?What anti-virus are you using?Thanks,
Jim,I checked the log and it showed exactly the same error as a previous poster had.I had deleted the AS6.5 folder in the main structure but the reg entry still remained.I've deleted this and rebooted. It appears to be passed the CTD stage now..... in fact, as I speak, the initial weather synthesis is complete. Hoorah!Thanks, Jim.I'm off to play now. Will report any other probs if and when I find 'em.Stu