Hi,Thank's for your work, it's marvellous!I've somes questions:1-how to use the extended integration button?( ASG installed on my computer)2-Asg and (or) FS must be opened during the creation of the sets?3-If i uninstall ASV6.5, ASG is uninstalled in same time, no?Thank's for answersregardsLaurent

Hi,Thanks for your comments!1. Have ASA in FS9 mode, go to the Graphics screen, click on the Extended Integration icon.2. Put in the number of sets you wish to generate, each takes about a minute.3. ASG must be set up so that Keep ASG Running on Auto Submit is Off.4. FS04 must be closed.That should do it. If you have questions or problems, please post back here.Thanks,

JimA slight variation of the topic but essentially the same - the use of extended intergration in ASA (FSX mode) with XG - although I think I have 2 problems / questions.Firstly, in XG when I alter textures in Custom Theme, I save those changes (?) but after a restart, those changes are lost & the initial / original textures remain - even if I save one change at a time. Further, after saving the changes and before closing XG, I can't successfully install them directly to FSX - the installed textures are the originals.However, I can alternatively and successfully save my changes in a New Theme and then directly install them to FSX.Secondly, and given the above, I select extended integration in ASA but it is always the Custom Theme which is used for the wx influenced selection - there seems no way of directing ASA to use a specific XG theme.The end result - particularly with lights / airport textures - is I always get the original. The option to select a theme - whatever its name seems missing ??Your advice / comment would be appreciated.CheersJOHN

for now, cheers

john martin

Hi John,With ASA Snapshots must be used. ASA is not going to go into XG and chose textures and then submit those textures to FSX. The integration is in the production of the snapshots, ASA can work with XG to create those snapshots automatically without having to load each one into FS and then save and assign each shapshot to a weather category in ASA.If you want XG to remember your textures choices you must use the Save Theme button. You can create a new theme or save over the custom theme. Then next time when you start XG you can pull up the theme you saved, either custom or using the anme you saved under.

JimThanks for your note.I am still struggling a bit with this intergration option from ASA.It was / is my understanding that ASA can look at a particular selected XG theme (with textures for various weather situations) and to develop discrete autosnapshots, each for different specific weather - across a range in Clear, IMC, Stormy etc. situations - and which subsequently can be autoselected by ASA as appropriate to the briefing weather.In this I assumed any XG theme (with textures I prefer) would be the one ASA would be able to read - and not necessarily the custom one, perhaps a new one or even the the XG default set ?? So far though, it seems the only theme that ASA uses in this process is the Custom theme.The complication remains in that custom can not be saved over as you suggest (?) - unless i am pushing the wrong button (I can save a new theme, but as I said, it isn't used by the integration process !Trust you can further untangle my problem ...for nowcheersjohn

for now, cheers

john martin

Hi,Using ASA to generate snapshots using XG and integration goes like this:ASA goes into the "texture bank" of XG and pulls out a certain texture from each of the XG texture categories. The textures are based on the weather categories in ASA. Then these textures are grouped together and form the snapshot. Now ASA starts all over again and does this again until it reaches the number of snapshots you told it to generate at the start.Some things ASA does not do:It doesn't look at any themes in XG, either default or custom made by you.It does not follow any of the exemptions on the advanced options page.It doesn't care if your XG running or not.It doesn't change any themes in XG or any settings in XG.Now, if you wanted to create a theme in XG or use a XG Theme and then make a snapshot for ASA this is also possible:Create the theme in XG.Submit the theme to FSX with FSX CLOSED.Start ASA in FSX Mode.Go to Graphics and use the Take New Snapshot icon. DO NOT use the Extended Integration icon!Assign that snapshot a name and weather category.Now ASA can use those snapshots.

JimThanks again for your note ... I now understand the idea of integration, much as I thought - though it is misleading to see "custom theme" being mentioned in the process box whilst an autosnpashot is being made (?).I have successfully installed the same airport & lights texture (my preferred) in the integrated autosnapshots by a cut & paste of appropriate dds files.CheersJohn

for now, cheers

john martin

Hi,Well it really is a "custom theme" that is being produced from X Graphics textures. It is not the processing of the X Graphics pre-installed themes.