Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Eligibility Test Failed

Hi-I just DL'd ASA Advanced and received an Eligibility Test Failed message when installing. I have 6.5 installed.Ideas?Thanks,Mark

Hi Mark,OK, you purchased the correct version so that is not it. Your Windows registry might be missing the ASv6.5 entry. For that you should reinstall ASv6.5. If you need a download link just drop me an e-mail: jim(AT)hifisim.com and I'll get right back to you.Thanks,

Jim,I am having the same problem with the ASX upgrade. "Error 202 - Upgrade eligibility check failed. ASX must be installed on this machine."I had originally installed ASX in a custom directory within the FSX root directory, so I thought that that may be the problem. I then uninstalled ASX and then reinstalled it, this time allowing it to install in the default directory. I allowed my PC to reboot and attempted to install ASA - still no luck. By the way, I had just installed ASX for the sake of installing ASA so I do not have any of the service packs installed. Would that make any difference?Thanks,Dave WebsterOrder #229726EDIT - BTW, I am using XP Home

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

I believe that the latest service pack for ASX or AS6 must be installed for the upgrade versions of ASA to install properly.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks AndySP4 did the trick!

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11