Sign in to follow this  
icycle

Asa Not Updating Fsx Weather

Hello,I have installed ASA, and it seems to have installed OK. When I try and use it to generate weather in FSX, it does not seem to be communicating with FSX, and no weather updates occur. I am using FSX Acceleration, and it is NOT a network (I do have a registered version of FSUIPC installed). ASA seems to be communicating with the servers and downloads weather, but does not update it to the sim. All I get is "Fair Weather". ASX (which I upgraded from) still works perfectly well, and is able to update the weather in FSX just fine.I was wondering if this might be a Simconnect issue? I even tried the "downgraded" SP1 version and still no joy. ASA seems to find FSX, because I can launch FSX from within ASA.Any help would be appreciated.ThanksBill

Hi Bill,Sorry for the problem. It could be a communication problem because FSX weather should automatically switch to User Defined.Please post your ASA_log.txt file and we'll take a look.Thanks,

Hi Bill,Sorry for the problem. It could be a communication problem because FSX weather should automatically switch to User Defined.Please post your ASA_log.txt file and we'll take a look.Thanks,
Here you go.Thanks for the help!

Hello,I seem to have a simular problem. I am using FS9 and ASA seems to run fine. I am able to download weather, look at maps, start FS9 etc. However, I don't seem to have any comunication with FS9. There is no change in my weather and when I try to create a "Piliot report" I get a message that I must be connected to FS9.I would send my ASA_log.text file but I don't know where it is.I am using Vista 64.Thank you for any help.Ryan Jones

The log can be located at the location shown below in Vista.C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\ASA

Cheers, Andy.

Hello,Same problem here, but not all the time. Sometimes it will communicate and sometimes it wont.When it is not communicating i do not get the scrolling messagesI an running FSX with vista home premium 64regardsJAR

Jos van Grevenstein 

21 NM north of EHAM

Hey guys, I seem to be having the same issue. Jim...I remember this happening when I first installed ASX....cannot remember what we did to correct it, but it may have been removing the SIMCONNECT entry and reinstalling ASX right over the current installation.Here is my Log...not sure what this has in it, as I was playing around trying to get the weather to load.Note: If I went into FS weather, and clicked on user defined, and hit OK, the weather displayed...or, if I started FSX then started ASA it also seemed to work better...again, this seems to be similar to what happened after installing ASX initially.Thanks.BrianFSUIPC 4.4.0.0EDIT: Just tried again, and my issue seems to be very similar to Bill's. If I start ASA then start FSX via ASA, I get the 'fair weather' scheme selected under weather. After going into 'user defined'. and custom, and OK, nothing changed. I then shut-down ASA with FSX still open. Restarted ASA with FSX open, and everything installed as it should, including the currect weather, and under 'weather' was selected 'user defined', not 'fair'.I am attaching another ASA_Log

Hi Ryan,What version number of FSUIPC do you have installed in your FS/Modules folder?Thanks,Hi Bill,At any time was FSX running?

Brian, All in this thread,All 3 have something in common, but I need to get some clarification first. So just hold tight, please.If anyone else is experiencing this, please start a new thread. It is almost impossible to follow more than one person per thread!Thanks,

Brian, All in this thread,All 3 have something in common, but I need to get some clarification first. So just hold tight, please.If anyone else is experiencing this, please start a new thread. It is almost impossible to follow more than one person per thread!Thanks,
Thanks Jim, I know you guys will get it sorted. See my edit.BTW, I just earlier flew a quick flight with ASX (as I was having the issue with ASA) and everything worked great.

Hi Ryan,What version number of FSUIPC do you have installed in your FS/Modules folder?Thanks,Hi Bill,At any time was FSX running?
Jim,I was able to get ASA running, and updating after a complete, uninstall, re-install. And then only if I started FSX FIRST, and then layered in ASA (This was EXACT OPPOSITE of what I had to do to run ASX properly).Thanks.Bill

Hi All,We would like you 3 to turn wake turbulence down to zero and then make a flight and see what happens. Findings and log files are most welcome.Thanks,

Here is what I did I apened ASA, turned off the winds as you asked, saved and shut down. Next I opened ASA, loaded a flight plan then used ASA to open FS9. Normally when I run FS9 I have to give it permission to run (vista) but when I use ASA to run it FS9 just opens. As before there is no comunication between ASA and FS9'Ryan