Sign in to follow this  
icycle

Asa Not Updating Fsx Weather

Hi Ryan,No, the wake turbulence slider, the top slider on the Wind Options screen!You aren't getting any connection because ASA isn't recognizing FSUIPC.Try running ASA As Administrator and then run FS As Administrator by right clicking on the icons. Don't use the Start FS button for now.See if you have some error logs in that same folder where you are getting that log file from.Thanks,

Hi All,We would like you 3 to turn wake turbulence down to zero and then make a flight and see what happens. Findings and log files are most welcome.Thanks,
No go Jim. I also Tried what Bill did....uninstall/reinstall/FSX first/etc.Here are my logs. I'm also including the simconnect log. Obviously, it is not connecting.

I am sorry I mistyped, I did turn off the wake turbulance. I also thought of the same thing and restarted ASA as an administrator and then loaded my GE ground textures and then ran FS9 as an administrator. same results.Is there anything I can do to get ASA to see my FSUIPC?I also looked in the HiFi folder and there are no error logs that I can see.Thank you for you work on this.Ryan

Documents and Settings/User name/Application data/HiFi/ASA

Jim, yes that is where I am searching. Here is a picture of that root if it helps. I am using the no CD for FS9.1 dll, I don't know if this might be part of the problem.Ryan

One of the files Jim wants is called ASAlog.txt and I can see it in your screenshot, but you have an option switched on in Vista called "Hide extensions for known file types" which stops you from seeing the full filename. Please type "folder options" into the "start search box" available from the start button on the desktop, and click on "Folder Options" that appears at the top of the pane, then click on the "view" tab of the window that appears. Finally remove the check mark from the box that says "Hide extensions for known file types".

Cheers, Andy.

Hello JimI moved the wake turbulence slider to 0, but this did not help.I found that when i start fsx after ASA is running it will not depict the weather to FSX. When i start ASA after FSX starts it does.In the log file you can see that the first connection to FSX works fine (1 FSX 2 ASA) and after the second connection nothing happens (so it seems) (1 ASA 2 FSX)I then changed the download interval too force a new download, but after that there was no depiction to FSXI had FSUIPC installed and i removed it. I am running vista 64regards JAR

Jos van Grevenstein 

21 NM north of EHAM

Andy,Thank you for getting involved in this issue. I did what you asked and there was no change in the files in my HiFi folder.No error log. Last night I did uninstal and then reinstal with no help either.Ryan

Andy,Thank you for getting involved in this issue. I did what you asked and there was no change in the files in my HiFi folder.No error log. Last night I did uninstal and then reinstal with no help either.Ryan
Jim will still want to see the ASAlog.txt though :(

Cheers, Andy.

Guest troyboy66
Andy,No problem- here it is.Ryan
I'm hopefull this will all get figured out soon. I've been tryng to get my ASX setup on a Client PC to and just can't. I'm closely watching this Forum session for updates and fixes...I'm in Boise and we are expecting another snow storm here midafternoon. I won't be home until about 2:30, but I would sure love to fly through the storm....Keep working at it Hifi guys, I'm closely watching..I have faith in ya :)Troy

Also got a problem with updating in FS9. Been flying over the atlantic; weather was great in early stage of flight from heathrow then over the atlantic winds suddenly decreased to Zero at 36000 ft! No clouds either of any description.The screen at the bottome turns green showing updates coming in but the synthesis isnt happening as far as i can see (as it does on initial load up)BTW the winds at 36000 should have been southerly at about 40 knots saccording to the briefing screen and broken cloud.Thanksjohn

Also got a problem with updating in FS9. Been flying over the atlantic; weather was great in early stage of flight from heathrow then over the atlantic winds suddenly decreased to Zero at 36000 ft! No clouds either of any description.The screen at the bottome turns green showing updates coming in but the synthesis isnt happening as far as i can see (as it does on initial load up)BTW the winds at 36000 should have been southerly at about 40 knots saccording to the briefing screen and broken cloud.Thanksjohn
John,Please see:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=238138-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg