Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest DVA3188

Md11 Fsx Pmdg: Could Not Locate Fsx.cfg File Error!

Hi,I run FSX with SP1+2 installed on WIN VISTA BIZ, 8GB RAM, IP35Pro Motherboard, Sapphire ATI HD 87XX series 512MB, etc, and get the following error when trying to set up the MD11:"Could not locate a valid FSX.CFG file. Please contact support@precisionmanuals.com"I have run the FSX path fixer of Flight1 to check that the FSX.CFG file is really there and that the directory is pointing at the right location.Started all over but got the same darn problemHELP!!!!!!!Best regards, PatrickFYI - 64bit version of Windows vista

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hijust solved this myself - should have thought of it first.I just upgraded my computer from XP to VISTA and made the switch from 32 bit to 64 bit.To cut to the bottom line fast, I tried to setup the PMDG MD11 and 747X without activating FSX first. I basically flipped all kinds of CDs containing various addon scenery in and out and just kept installing with as little restarts as possible.Make sure to run FSX once so the registry files / keys can be generated by the OS before installing PMDG products.I wrote this down for all future readers who may encounter this problem.Best regards, PatrickMD 11 F/O - DVA 3188

You should also run FSX at least once before and after each service pack has been installed.