Sign in to follow this  
majapahit

Make Waypoint 'radius' Bigger?

this seems a bit weird. Never heard of any real ATC that 'credits' a pilot - for shutting up - and passing a waypoint - quitely :(
RC doesn't, it penalises you if you don't acknowledge by *not* crediting the waypoint! :( Iain Smith

RC doesn't, it penalises you if you don't acknowledge by *not* crediting the waypoint! :( Iain Smith
as it stands now, you're not penalised for you not crediting a waypoint, you're not not penalised for not passing not correctly within 5nm over your waypoint, which of course you cannot not be not aware of, because you're not watching not your RC readout when not overflying the waypoint not exactly according to the book.Of course notthat would be insane :(

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

as it stands now, you're not penalised for you not crediting a waypoint, you're not not penalised for not passing not correctly within 5nm over your waypoint, which of course you cannot not be not aware of, because you're not watching not your RC readout when not overflying the waypoint not exactly according to the book.Of course notthat would be insane :(
Hi,I,along with other RC4 users,have used the PMDG MD11 on a variety of flights and have yet to encounter any problems with the interface between RC4 and the MD11.I will fly the climb and the last 200 miles of a long haul in standard time and then use X2 or exceptionally X4 during the cruise.This method ,in particular for long hauls is that which has been a PMDG recomendation for all of the PMDG products.If you choose to fly outside of the ideal envelope you,as the,pilot ,must take on the responsibility for your actions instead of trying to get a program changed to suit you!A lot of people who fly the simulations seem to set about trying to find faults with add on programes ,when in most cases the person themselves either disregards the instruction manuals or attempts to change things around to suit themselves.Sorry about voicing my pet rant . I have great admiration for people like jd and the beta testers who put a lot of time and energy into producing a worthwhile ATC add on which does use real procedures covering various parts of the world.RegardsNorman Bowman

If you choose to fly outside of the ideal envelope you,as the,pilot ,must take on the responsibility for your actions instead of trying to get a program changed to suit you!Norman Bowman
sorry Norman, I regret to inform you, I find your rationale rather Topsy Turvy, to put it mildyyou're not in a cockpit, Norman, you're behind a PC. :(

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

I've been watching this debate for some time.It's not the first time it's been raised.I too have suffered when using 4X.The work rounds suggested here are fine.However I've just done a flight KLAX-KSEA in "normal"time.Using the PMDG 737-800.On approaching the first waypoint out of LAX there was a lot of chatter(not the pre recorded stuff,if I want some background I use Live ATC))and the FMC took the aircraft right over the waypoint and on towards the next.As there were at least 4 exchanges between ATC and other aircraft my aircraft was penalised in the usual way.This is the first time I've had this when operating at 1X speed and I've been using RC4 for quite a whileIt does seem to be a bit of a problem but it looks as if the developers are trying to work something out.

It does seem to be a bit of a problem but it looks as if the developers are trying to work something out.
NotIf you read JD's post above, he is not going to fix thisand shame om him :(because I consider failure of the program due to processor load a huge *$%@*&^( (lost in translation)

NotIf you read JD's post above, he is not going to fix thisand shame om him :(because I consider failure of the program due to processor load a huge *$%@*&^( (lost in translation)
In that post JD said he is doing everything he can to make the chatter less processor intensive. What more can he do?Iain Smith

Guest N266ND

Hi, I'm new to the scene, I've been using radar contact for a while now, and I too have this problem, but as a programmer myself, I figured out a solution. The problem is, I can't implement my solution because JD has the source code not me. So...JD, If you are willing (and I understand if you are not) I am offering my skills, and specifically my knowledge with audio programming to assist you in resolving this problem. You can message me on this board if you would like the help.If you don't, know that it in no way reduces my love for your program, I just wish that this problem could be solved better, as I know it physically can be.

Hi, I'm new to the scene, I've been using radar contact for a while now, and I too have this problem, but as a programmer myself, I figured out a solution. The problem is, I can't implement my solution because JD has the source code not me. So...JD, If you are willing (and I understand if you are not) I am offering my skills, and specifically my knowledge with audio programming to assist you in resolving this problem. You can message me on this board if you would like the help.If you don't, know that it in no way reduces my love for your program, I just wish that this problem could be solved better, as I know it physically can be.
what problem is it that needs to be solved? the subject line is making the radius bigger.send me an email at jd@jdtllc.com to tell me what you're thinkingjd

what problem is it that needs to be solved? the subject line is making the radius bigger.jd
(I'm the original poster)jdafter testing / see my thread ABOVEmultiple voice message triggers, concurrently, during the 5 M radius of a waypointwill 'crowd out' the waypoint 'pass over check' triggerand the pilot will receive an 180 vector from ATC, after passingmt (using PFE now)

(I'm the original poster)jdafter testing / see my thread ABOVEmultiple voice message triggers, concurrently, during the 5 M radius of a waypointwill 'crowd out' the waypoint 'pass over check' triggerand the pilot will receive an 180 vector from ATC, after passingmt (using PFE now)
I had this issue from way points that are at quite an angle from each other. The aircraft would turn inside the radius of the turn, flying near, but not over the waypoint directly and I think this was within the 5nm. So I edited the flight plan since RC was going a bit mad trying to send me back the other way.

I had this issue from way points that are at quite an angle from each other. The aircraft would turn inside the radius of the turn, flying near, but not over the waypoint directly and I think this was within the 5nm. So I edited the flight plan since RC was going a bit mad trying to send me back the other way.
it's not waypoint ATC or anythingAny 'more then one radio' ATC broadcast within the 5nm of a waypoint, will make (most of the time?) that waypoint to be marked missed, and you'll have a 180 call from ATC (sometimes 70NM after the fact)of course, knowing this, you will want to call op, Direct-to-next-waypoint, but when ATC is continuouslu bugging you concerning its 180 call, you cannot even finish this procedure.

it's not waypoint ATC or anythingAny 'more then one radio' ATC broadcast within the 5nm of a waypoint, will make (most of the time?) that waypoint to be marked missed, and you'll have a 180 call from ATC (sometimes 70NM after the fact)of course, knowing this, you will want to call op, Direct-to-next-waypoint, but when ATC is continuouslu bugging you concerning its 180 call, you cannot even finish this procedure.
Not entirely sure what you mean, I think I have a rough idea. What I could do is referr you to my issue and how I solved it. I'm not saying you're wrong, it's quite likely that we've both experienced similar issues from different situations.See http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=190149 you might want to flick through the pages quickly, or read the lot, but the relevant pages are the few most recent pages, that'll be one and two.

Not entirely sure what you mean, I think I have a rough idea. What I could do is referr you to my issue and how I solved it. I'm not saying you're wrong, it's quite likely that we've both experienced similar issues from different situations.See http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=190149 you might want to flick through the pages quickly, or read the lot, but the relevant pages are the few most recent pages, that'll be one and two.
you dont give a cause in your thread, your'e just complainingI've tested it, I found it, and JD knpws, and doesnt (cant) do something about itRun a flight, when withgin 5mn 'make' ATC say somethingYou'll be ordered a 180thats all folks

you dont give a cause in your thread, your'e just complainingI've tested it, I found it, and JD knpws, and doesnt (cant) do something about itRun a flight, when withgin 5mn 'make' ATC say somethingYou'll be ordered a 180thats all folks
I do give a cause in the thread, you might want to read it again. My cause, as said were waypoints that were too close for RC, as I have mentioned in 'this' thread also. I altered the flight plan a little, which was just removing two very close waypoints and that solved my issue, as said in the thread.As I said earlier, I know our problems are different, perhaps you don't realise or don't want to see that your problem isn't the only way of having the same issue with RC, which is way I gave my input and my side of the story.