Sign in to follow this  

Problems with AI Traffic.... Please Help

My aircraft aren't landing due to a altimeter problem???? Have I miss checked something? Using PAI aircraft...Thanks in advance.B.

Guest Markyboy

Could you describe your problem a little more specifically please?Markyboy.

I'll try.... it would seem the aircraft are going by feet above sea level. The altimeter settings aren't working???? Example CYWG is 756 ft above sea level, thus the AI aircraft attempt to land but are 700+ feet in the air and they just circle and attempt again. CYYC is ~1200 feet above sea level... same problem.

Guest Markyboy

Certainly a new one on me. I have never encountered nor heard of such a thing before. Off the top of my head I would suggest to you to test a flight at Amsterdam (EHAM) as the field elevation is below sea level. Another one is Death Valley, Nevada but I am not too sure if there would be much AI traffic there. If you look on PAI's site you will find that there is an installer that will allow you to reinstall the original AI plans as well as remove those that you have installed. I would suggest that you reset the AI to the default and see if you have the same problem. If you don't then it must be an error caused by PAI (however I would be surprised) if you have the same problem then you may need to reinstall flightsim. I am sorry that I am not able to offer any real solution to your problem, as I say this is a new one on me.They call these things the Joys of Flightsim.Markyboy.

Still having the problem.... AFCAD, FSUIPC, AITM???? AI on approach still way too high, never land. Elevation, altimeter problem? Stumped...Any help???B.

Guest Tony_A

Just a thought, I had a similar problem setting up AI flights between 2 airports very close together. Solved it by setting a lower flight level. From following the flights from TO to attempted landing, it looks like the AI takes the aircraft to the flight level you assign and then tries to "step" the level down for approach to the destination airport. This can be impossible if the aircraft is almost over the destination. I adjusted fight level and airspeed and eventually set up a flight that worked. I don't know how far apart your airports are, but if they are close together this might be worth a try. Tony

Is it just one set of traffic or is it all of them? The very early PAI I had one for El Al and the planes would flip around in the air, and the planes would slam into the ground or be parked on their sides. I just had to uninstall it. I have the newer installer and sets of AI and have no troubles, but for some reason, some of the older stuff didn't work right for me....

They were doing alot of experimenting with weights and balances back then, to get a desired effect. You could try just to d/l the Version 4 FDE set and using it, to see if it fixes the problem with one or two aircraft before d/l the packs.