Sign in to follow this  

Md-11 Flightplans?

I am thinking about getting the MD-11 but I was wondering if there are any (short haul) flightplans I can download somewhere? I don't like to use all kinds of charts but I'd like to enter (or load) a flightplan and don't want to think too much about SIDS and STARS and transitions: I'd like to have that information ready and waiting for me. :( I've been flying heavies a few years ago (PMDG and Level-D) but I remember always having troubles finding routes and looking up with transition to use for a specific STAR and so on... Does the MD-11 come with some ready to use company routes by any chance?

Thanks for the links, but none of those sites tell me which SID or STAR to use. Some of them give a hint, but of course the take off and landing runway are not known, so... And also if I want to add the nav data for backup, I need to know the bearings I have to fly, and these sites don't give those either.Whenever you use one of those sites, how do you know which SID and STAR to use in the actual flight? And do you enter data in the FMC? It's not necessary I guess, when you fly without failures on...O am a bit afraid that I am going to buy the aircraft and that I will only be able to fly the tutorial flight because I don't have the complete data at hand for any other flights...Jeroen

You won't know what SID or STAR to use until you get your weather and Active runway. I fly on Vatsim and after a while you can guess once you get used to flying the route but what your asking for is not that simple. SIDS are STARS are there for Noise abatement and traffic sequencing so if your flying online your SID/STAR can be changed at the last minute (I've had mine changed at taxi out, resulting in some hectic reprogramming)Of couse if you fly with default ATC it doesn't matter.Rob

Rob Prest

You won't know what SID or STAR to use until you get your weather and Active runway.
I know, but for the moment being I intend to fly without ATC (specially because the default FS ATC leeads you all over the place...).EDIT:Well, we'll see how it goes with those plans... If nothing else works I will just keep on flying the tutorial flight! :( I am downloading the plane right now...!!! :( After looking at a few reviews and screenshots, I just had to get it. I've been flying small aircraft for a few years now, and I'd like to try a big one once again!

It would be a lot easier to explain how to pick a STAR if you provided the ORIG/DEST. It mostly depends on the direction you are arriving from. Some places are easy; they might have four arrivals and you pick the one that works for the direction you are arriving. Some places are trickier, they have different arrivals for late night noise abatement. Regardless, unless you copy an existing route from someplace like flightaware (a good source) you should be actually looking at the charts and trying to understand what they are doing.See also: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARS

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest wazzawazza73

Sorry to drag this up, but the Routefinder website seems a great resource. The only problem is, how do I know my altitudes and speeds?Thanks for the help,Greg Wintle

Altitudes and speeds are worked out by the FMS. If you are wondering about SID/STARS, you'll find the speed and altitude constraints on the correct chart but most of the time these are included in the Navdata.

Guest wazzawazza73

Excellent! Thanks for the info, and sorry for being such a noob lol

Guest cliffie1931
Or this: http://www.vroute.net/For real-world flights in North America: http://flightaware.com/statistics/ifr-route/TomOr this: http://www.vroute.net/For real-world flights in North America: http://flightaware.com/statistics/ifr-route/Tom
I've just had a look at the VRoute site and it certainly looks interesting. Have you tried it Tom? I'm hoping it offers the inclusion of the relevant STAR for whatever runway I may choose.Cliff

Guest totomagic

For real routes you can also have a look here, where I post the daily actual routes with destination or departure in Europe ;)

Hello to you,I have found some flightplans for the MD 11. Here is a part of it: N0466F370 SULUS UL984 DOPOV UT40 DOTAK Can anyone tell me how i get this in the FMC?Best regards,Jan Soetekouw

Guest nzch2010
Hello to you,I have found some flightplans for the MD 11. Here is a part of it: N0466F370 SULUS UL984 DOPOV UT40 DOTAK Can anyone tell me how i get this in the FMC?