Sign in to follow this  

Md-11 Flightplans?

I have found some flightplans for the MD 11. Here is a part of it: N0466F370 SULUS UL984 DOPOV UT40 DOTAK
Disregard the "N0466F370" bit. (It's a step climb to FL370, something you do not enter into the FMS)

This is an old thread but an issue that I faced when moving up to the MD-11. I solved it my purchasing an Electronic Flight Bag (EFB). There are several good ones out there but I choose the AiviaSoft EFB. To load a flight I start by going to http://fuel.aerotexas.com/ to calculate fuel usage for the flight. I then use the EFB to access RouteFinder to get the route which inserts into the EFB. I can then get real time METAR data from a number of sources, determine preferred runway, plan a taxi route, see an overview of available SIDs, select a SID and save all this as a PMDG rt2 file.When I enter the Departing/Destination airport codes into the FMC, the route is there. Note: If the route has more than one page you need to go to the last page before hitting INSERT. I don't enter arrival transitions, STARS or approaches until later in a flight.The AiviaSoft EFB isn't perfect because it's necessary to have FSX in windowed mode if you are operating on one machine. The perfect solution is to run the EFB on a second networked computer.I hope this helps someone. If you have a better approach to flight planning I would love to hear about it.Bill Buxton

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow (white)   PS: EVGA Gold 1000W  MB: ASUS Z790-A  CPU: Intel i9 13900K  Liquid Cooler: Cooler Master ML 240  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR-5 5600 CL36   Video Card: Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4090 SSD: 2- Samsung 980 Pro 1T M.2  OS: Windows 11 Home 64 bit  Other: CH stick, throttle, pedals. MSFS2020, PMDG 737

Guest nzch2010
This is an old thread but an issue that I faced when moving up to the MD-11. I solved it my purchasing an Electronic Flight Bag (EFB). There are several good ones out there but I choose the AiviaSoft EFB. To load a flight I start by going to http://fuel.aerotexas.com/ to calculate fuel usage for the flight. I then use the EFB to access RouteFinder to get the route which inserts into the EFB. I can then get real time METAR data from a number of sources, determine preferred runway, plan a taxi route, see an overview of available SIDs, select a SID and save all this as a PMDG rt2 file.When I enter the Departing/Destination airport codes into the FMC, the route is there. Note: If the route has more than one page you need to go to the last page before hitting INSERT. I don't enter arrival transitions, STARS or approaches until later in a flight.The AiviaSoft EFB isn't perfect because it's necessary to have FSX in windowed mode if you are operating on one machine. The perfect solution is to run the EFB on a second networked computer.I hope this helps someone. If you have a better approach to flight planning I would love to hear about it.Bill Buxton
I am waithing for this to be relased Bill, from the makers of "Topcat". Coming from them, it will be goodhttp://www.pfpx.com/Julian Evans