Sign in to follow this  
CraigC

Too many cards, so little time

Guest Coneman

I'm ready to buy a new video card, and am wondering if anyone can recommend a good brand. I just missed a great deal on a PNY Ti4200. Are there any others that offer a lifetime guarantee? ASUS has a similar one, are they any good? Thank you.Todd

Hi,I highly recommend the ATI 9700 Pro. Just got one and this card performs great without any problems as of yet. High graphics settings, Anti-Aliasing and 1280x1024x32 resolution without a frame rate hit. Don't know about the guarantee, but I'm sure it has a decent warranty that you're not likely to need to use! Best Buy has this card available now at $299.-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...][/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Coneman

Thanks for the feedback Damian. Want to try to stay in the $120 range. Any other ideas?Thanks,Todd

I would say take your 120 bucks, save up an extra week or two to save 50 more bones and get yourself a 9500pro. This card is better performance wise than the Ti4600, and is at or below the same price. I saw brand new retail versions of the 9500pro on ebay for about 170.00. I have a Ti4200, and I am getting rid of it the first opportunity I get. My plan is to wait until the 9800pro is out and get my hands on a 9700pro for 200 bucks or less. That is the plan anyways.....Craig

Guest FPSFREAK

For the budget range your looking at stick w the advice of saving for another week or 2 and doing it right. ATI 9500. If you want to take a bigger step the 9600 is rumored to be priced at $170. For that price it can't be beat. The only thing I will tell you is don't hold your breath waiting for a 9700 to be sold for less than 200 in the near future.Bobby

Guest Bigshot

The 9800 Pro 128mb version is already out. I've heard Bestbuy has it on the shelf. Alienware has been advertising it available for a week now. I agree with the "don't hold your breath" statement above. The 9700 Pro is at $299 right now and I don't expect it to come down anytime soon. Nothing to compete with it would be one reason.

Guest ront1

Hi Todd, You wouldn't be interested in a slightly used Radeon 9500PRO would you? I have only had it a couple of months. It is a great card. The only reason I may sell it is just to jump up to the 9700PRO. I will make you a pretty good deal.Here is a link to some screens that I posted with this card.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DC...mID8/21685.html Let me know if you are interested?RonI am sure you remember me. I am from the Spokane area.

Guest Coneman

Hey Ron, I would be interested. I'll be in touch.Thanks for all the feedback guys :-)Todd

Guest ront1

Hi Todd, This card is in brand new condition. How do you think $135.00 sounds. Ron

Todd, you are absolutely whacked out of your mind, in my opinion, if you dont ###### this deal up. I would kill to get an offer like this. Wow..... and I tip my hat to Ron for not expecting to make a killing off of it. Dont see that too often anymore.Craig