Hello, I just installed ASA on my client machine, Everything is working fine from takeoff then at random times I receive a OOM error on my server machine with FSX. The first flight it was 5 mins in than the next was 55 min right before landing. The first flight I had Xpax running on client as well FS commander 8. The second flight I only has FS commander running. I have never had a OOM error ever with FSX. I have 2gb ram on the server machine running XP pro service pack 2.I love what I saw so far....Thanks,Tom

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png

Hi Tom,What video card on the server machine?Thanks,

8800 gt 512mbTom

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png

OK thanks.On that second flight ASA was not running at all?

ASA was on the second flight and its a 8800gts 512 sorry.Tom

Tom Davis

UAL440.png

Are you loading any textures through ASA or just weather?

Just weather.

Tom Davis

UAL440.png

Hi,In ASA what are your cloud layers set to? Try reducing them to 3 and then fly.

I went to 3 on the clouds like you said and flight did not CTD but the graphics on the Level D 767 were all black on the outside of plane. And end of flight I shut down ASA, Xpax and FS commander on client machine and my server locked up. How should I shut down? I will try setting graphics lower and see what that does. I guess weather is pretty graphic intensive.Tom

Tom Davis

UAL440.png

Hers my log from the last flight I have no idea if this helps.Tom

Tom Davis

UAL440.png

Hi,Your Application Data folder needs to be shared across your network and be write enabled.

Thanks...will this solve my graphics issues? also is there a trick in doing this all my other folders are easy to share buy i,m having problems with this folder i keep getting errors say can not share file. I have xp on server and vista on client.Tom...Happy Holidays

Tom Davis

UAL440.png

Guest Mark2112

Hi there, I have been getting the same OOM error with every flight that I have run with ASA. I have never had one of those before. I reduced the settings that were suggested such as cloud layers and a few other settings but I am still getting the error. Does ASA use more memory than ASX? I guess I will have to go back to ASX until this gets figured out.Mark

Same here, out of 10 flights I received 8 OOMs error. Never had this before. Today I had 2 more gig of memory and modified my boot.ini with /3G switch with no luck on the next flight still OOM message. I have a high end machine Quad QX6850, 8800 ULTRA 768meg running on XP and FSX SP1 on the server plus WideView and a client. With ASX I couldn't get the weather transmit to the client. I looks like simconnect didn't work properly. I upgraded to ASA and now it works OK I have weather sync on both display but I have this infamous OOM message freezing the flightsim on almost every flight. I lowered the settings with no success. ASA is no use for now. :( :( :(

Gilles Boily

Add me to the list, I have an around 50% OOM rate (down from 75% a few days ago), regardless of the length of the flight. ASA as an application does use more RAM (120MB vs 40MB AS6.5 on my setup), but that wouldn't be causing OOMs in FS (these are caused by FS exceeding memory allocation or something of the like). I've tried reducing layers from the max to 10 and then to 3, but OOMs still happen and to be honest, if dropping the layers is the only solution then I don't care much for that kind of a workaround anyway.