Add me to the list, I have an around 50% OOM rate (down from 75% a few days ago), regardless of the length of the flight. ASA as an application does use more RAM (120MB vs 40MB AS6.5 on my setup), but that wouldn't be causing OOMs in FS (these are caused by FS exceeding memory allocation or something of the like). I've tried reducing layers from the max to 10 and then to 3, but OOMs still happen and to be honest, if dropping the layers is the only solution then I don't care much for that kind of a workaround anyway.
Hi all,This is #1 on our priority list. It appears to be affecting approximately 5 users of ASA (thus far reported). We've fortunately (just now) been able to duplicate this on one of our in-house test machines and we feel a fix is just right around the corner. Thanks for your continued patience as we work this out ASAP.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Ed Lin
Hi all,This is #1 on our priority list. It appears to be affecting approximately 5 users of ASA (thus far reported). We've fortunately (just now) been able to duplicate this on one of our in-house test machines and we feel a fix is just right around the corner. Thanks for your continued patience as we work this out ASAP.Best,
Hi Damian!I've experienced a couple of OOM's as well in a situation in which I wouldn't expect it based on aircraft, etc. However, I wasn't going to blame ASA (w/FS9) quite yet though I did take same flight this morning using AS6 instead without a CTD.Ed Lin, D.O.S.

Glad to hear you've managed to narrow it down :) Take your time, I'm back to AS6.5 for the time being so it's no biggie, although I must say I've already been spoiled by what ASA has to offer.

Guest Mark2112
Thanks for your attention, I am glad I am not the only one with this issue. I have patience regarding a fix and can gladly wait. ASA is a wonderful program and I look forward to being able to use it again!Mark

Hi Guys,Glad I stumbled upon this thread. Since I updated my ASX with SP4 I have also been getting the OoM (out of memory) error's when flying in FSX (Acceleration). I've got 4GB of ram running on Vista Business, 2x Nvidia 8800 GT Alpha Dog, Intel Core 2 Quad (2.8Ghz).Thanks!Mike

Guest blmackey
Add me to your list getting OOM errors. Glad to hear you are working on it! Bill M.

Guest lingfors

I also had an OOM on the very last flight with ASA before my Christmas "break". I have Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit, 4GB of memory, 8800GTX 768MB gfx card. When I got the OOM I checked the memory usage, FSX used 3,5GB memory, ASA used around 80MB. I use FEX hi-def clouds, however I've used FEX hi-def clouds ever since they were released together with ASX without any OOMs.

Folks: Add me to the list of those with OOM events while using ASA. A long time user of Active Sky, I too am similarly impressed enough with ASA to wait for a fix. - Roger

Hopefully what they found will cure the OOM's. BUT just remember, ASA looks to be using more than twice the Virtual Memory that AS6.5 used....looks around 130MB while AS 6.5 hovered around 35MB. That extra 100MB or so is likely pushing some machines over the edge when combined with 3rd party aircraft and scenery.

Eric 

Same problem here. Typically on longer flights I get the OOM error. Never had that problem with ASX.

Hopefully what they found will cure the OOM's. BUT just remember, ASA looks to be using more than twice the Virtual Memory that AS6.5 used....looks around 130MB while AS 6.5 hovered around 35MB. That extra 100MB or so is likely pushing some machines over the edge when combined with 3rd party aircraft and scenery.
I don't think that is a problem, you'll find that FS9 OOMs when the process busts through 1Gb of "Mem Usage" as defined in the task manager, not when the system is actually starved of RAM (that just causes excessive swapping). Something that ASA does seems to cause (under certain conditions - or maybe all the time, difficult to tell without specifically looking for it) a memory leak within FS9 somewhere and then it's just a matter of an event that pushes FS9 over the limit (such as a complex scenery loading, etc.).

Add me to the list. I've never had oom on my system ever until using ASA.Thanks,Mark

I don't think that is a problem, you'll find that FS9 OOMs when the process busts through 1Gb of "Mem Usage" as defined in the task manager, not when the system is actually starved of RAM (that just causes excessive swapping). Something that ASA does seems to cause (under certain conditions - or maybe all the time, difficult to tell without specifically looking for it) a memory leak within FS9 somewhere and then it's just a matter of an event that pushes FS9 over the limit (such as a complex scenery loading, etc.).
Sorry, but it does add to the problem. Your putting an additional 100MB (or 100,000K as seen in the task manger) on the virtual memory and the VM is what causes OOM's. Having that additional 100,000k on the VM will give the user more OOM's than they had because AS6.5 hovered around 35,000k on the VM. Trust me, I know.

Eric 

Sorry, but it does add to the problem. Your putting an additional 100MB (or 100,000K as seen in the task manger) on the virtual memory and the VM is what causes OOM's. Having that additional 100,000k on the VM will give the user more OOM's than they had because AS6.5 hovered around 35,000k on the VM. Trust me, I know.
Fair enough. All the OOMs I ever had were caused by FS9 going over its maximum memory allocation threshold with still plenty of VM and physical RAM to spare, I've never experienced what you're describing. No wonder people say YMMV :-)