Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jaloyan

I cannot download from AVSIM or via WOAI anymore

I have your answer;IT'S CALLED '9 DRAGONS'. Kia-Tak super scenery, highly required.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Same here.... Unable to download most files and getting the not connected page since approx Jan 01.... Just tried this AM and still having the problem..... Using IE7 and Windows XP Home..... Not having this problem at any other site....JayDub

Same problem here too. Although can download a very select few of the files that I am trying. Some input from the site mods would be very nice...

Guest nelsonde

Here too, what's up. I'm getting the following on IE7, repeatedly. Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Most likely causes:You are not connected to the Internet. The website is encountering problems. There might be a typing error in the address. What you can try: Diagnose Connection Problems More information DaveFly PGV!

Guys,When you have had successful downloads from AVSIM and suddenly things start to go south (that is, you can't seem to download), one of two or three possible reasons exist in this order:A popular set of files has been uploaded and the whole world is trying to download them at once (ie, 9Dragons over this last weekend). Solution: take a deep breath and try again sometime later, or...MS has pushed out a security patch that has hosed your browser settings and allowed sites, or...Your pipe to AVSIM is hosed (therefore you need to perform a tracert to see where the problem lies), or...Your browser cache needs to be cleaned out...It pretty much is that simple. And, activity over the last week would indicate that the first one is the most likely reason you have been timing out.

Guest nelsonde

Thanks Outer Marker,dns clear fixed it for me,DaveFly PGV!

Why is it only possible to download 2 files at one time now?Definitely no good time for re-intstalling WOAI traffic :(Regards,

>Why is it only possible to download 2 files at one time now?>Definitely no good time for re-intstalling WOAI traffic :(>>Regards,Because as Tom says, if you read his explanation, and the fact that your not the only one requiring a download. Two's into one dosen't go.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest sniks

HiSo Tom and G7USL since you defend him, this means that your servers are overloaded.I tried a number of totally random downloads and all behaved the same. eg... timed out or came up with an error message such as busy or can't make a connection. So are your servers overloaded.... time to fess up if they are???And/Or is the system your using outgrown the growth....??? What is it?

Guest sniks

So has Avsim reached its capacity.... no more advertising to fetch files from this archive...If you have a file to share, host it some place else where you can actually retrieve it.??

Guest sniks

>If IE7 was causing a problem:>It is only with AVsim Library.>I can D/L from other sites without a problem.>>I deleted cookies, history etc and made sure library.avsim.net>and avsim.com, avsim.net ... whatever, were Trusted per the>librarys HELP section.>>Now I know I am not the only one having this problem.No its not IE7. It happens to me and I don't use any Microsoft browsers.Its either the referral system that is stuffed or the FTP server needs to be farmed (duplicated) to share the load.Seems its not a thing to talk about because it might impact sponsors?????

Guest flightsimmernick

>So has Avsim reached its capacity.... no more advertising to>fetch files from this archive...>>If you have a file to share, host it some place else where you>can actually retrieve it.>??Hang on... was this not a problem caused by the demand of the 9 dragons scenery. I have had less and less problems with the library for a couple of days so thinfs for me seem to be getting better. Is it not just the case then when the demand for this scenery goes down the librry will be easier to use again for all?

It seems that some WOAI traffic files aren't there anymore... can someone confirm this? To be specific: I tested it with Southwest and Sun Country Airlines, no match found.

Guest shark31

Great news I figured out the problem. Although I did in fact delete this program Bit Comet through my add and remove programs section in the control panel I found a folder called Bit Comet in my Program files folder on my C: drive called Bit Comet. Inside this folder there was about 460kb of stuff. I deleted this folder from my computer immediately and proceeded back to WOAI to download airlines packages and it worked no problem just like before. So lesson learned here that some of these programs even though you may uninstall them they somehow find a way to corrupt your computer with some extra files, just lucky I detected them in this folder before I deleted IE 7 and started all over again. Thanks for all your responses to my issue much appreciated.Regards,Todd SharkeyATP CaptainAtlantic Sun AirwaysBest Virtual Airline in the Sky!

Guest flightsimmernick

I am the only one that is thinnking that this is a general demand problem at the mo then?