Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jaloyan

I cannot download from AVSIM or via WOAI anymore

I am getting more and more frustrated at the inability to download files from the library. Like all of you all was well untill xmas, then suddenly all i keep getting is the time out messages...I have reinstalled IE7 twice, read the FAQ's here about adding in the avsim URL to both the cookies section and the privacey section under internet tools and still this happens. I have tried all times of the day and night, particularly in view of the recent 9 dradons scenery release, but no it continues to time out and i have to end up in a continuous circle flipping back from the time out message to the download page, reselect the download only to time out...then after anything from 6 to 20 attampts the save file box will appear and i can download that file. There is no problem with any other web site i visit and i am tearing my hair out trying to understand what is going on ???I have windows xp professional as my os and adsl connection to the web ( there are no connection problems as I have had the line tested)

Phil Densley

Guest Delta747

I have a problem with OPERA and downloading sometimes. ~Spencer M.

Guest stvndysn

i am curious to know if there is a problem with the file library, i keep trying to d/l content and everytime i get the same message.530 Sorry, busy at moment try again later, so ive been trying now for 2 days every 1/2 hour or so and i still get the message.help please, please

Guest flightsimmernick

The possible answers to the problem are given above and the most logical explanation for me seem's to be the release of a very heavily demanded scenery (9 dragon's).

Nick I am based in the Uk and have tried early in the morning when the USA is asleep.Have tried midday when USA is awaking and Asia is going to sleep and in the evening whrn USa is awake but at work and Asia is asleep.But on all occassions I continue to get taken to a page after slecting download file from the tool bar at the top of my page ( IE7 security measure)this page says " Website declined to show this page" HTTP 403.Then I go back to the select download page and the flippin cycle starts all over again !!

Phil Densley

Guest flightsimmernick

So have you been able to download any files from avsim then?Are you suggesting that it is a problem caused by something on your system? Try other sites - im sure they will work like they do for me - it is just demand and not being able to cope.

Guest sniks

>So have you been able to download any files from avsim then?>>Are you suggesting that it is a problem caused by something on>your system? Try other sites - im sure they will work like>they do for me - it is just demand and not being able to cope.>Indeed so when are they going to fix it?This thread has been going now for 14 days at least.

Nick,Yes I can download files.......eventually !!It might take any where from 6 to 20 tries to get the "download this file" box to appear...or sometimes I just give up as I'm just continually going round in circles from the download this file page to the message page which just says "website declined to show this page...HTTP 403"I can download from other sites and i have, but its the quality and sheer number of files for choice that make Avsim my first choice !

Phil Densley

You should see an improvement as of today. We had "throttled back" the library server to keep from going totally in overload mode last week. We have since opened up the throttle some and you should now see a considerable improvement.

Guest magnum_force

>You should see an improvement as of today. We had "throttled>back" the library server to keep from going totally in>overload mode last week. We have since opened up the throttle>some and you should now see a considerable improvement.I think donating to AVSIM would show support to our favorite wesite.I donated 5.00 tonight 01-20-08, its not much, but we all need to donate a few bucks a month.And I have been getting timed out like crazy too.Show Tom Allensworth that we support him, not just take from him.I will be donating monthly from now on.It shows support and bandwidth is not free.And no, I am not affiliated with AVSIM in any way, except I use their bandwidth for downloading.Lets all pitch in and help out.Roger Martin

Guest Jaloyan

I use Firefox too and have same results as youI tried Outermaker solution but ... no resultsAnd what is difference between AVSIM.com and AVSIM.net ?PJ

Guest Jaloyan

My problem is:I can't download ANY files on Avsim since about 1 month (i've never had this problem before) I seen that i'm not alone on this problem ...I use Mozilla Firefox.My brother can, without problems, download from FILE LIBRARYIt is due to my browser sets ? And what about SP2 (i work on Windows XP Familial SP1, 256Mo RAM)? And AVSIM library ???Is there a difference between [http://www.avsim.com] and [http://www.avsim.net] ?I hope problem will not occure in the future.Best Regards and Good lucksThanks