Sign in to follow this  

Just Bought The Md-11! Load Manager's Fuel Selector Doesn't Work

Yes! I just bought the MD-11!!! But... I am already stuck at page one of the tutorial... :( I am trying to do the tutorial flight and right now I have to change the fuel load using the Load manager. But I can't move the slider at all. It is stuck at the top and both current and max are at zero.I already tried the FSX Path registry fix tool, I run the manager as admin, but no luck... :( This is what I call a very bad start... Another thing: I use the VC and TrackIR Pro: when I load the plane and press F12 to center my view, I see the following:2d1lkyd.jpgShould I zoom out a little or something...? Seems a bit up close this way...? What's the default zoom for the MD-11 that I should use?EDIT:I use Vista 32 bit btw.Jeroen

Well, I am now able to do the tutorial by simply adding the fuel using the PMDG options menu... But of course this will only work with the tutorial because for other flights I will need the ZFW and so to enter into the JMC. Luckily the tutorial states all the necessary data, but I do hope someone will come up with a solution. Ebem though I think I will fly nothing else but this tutorial for some days... ;)BTW About the tutorial: in order to get some speed I had to press the FMS SPD button, otherwise speed would stay on HOLD. I didn't read this in the tutorial, but maybe this was due to me not doing everything on time during take off...EDIT:Another weird thing: when passing the TD I didn't descent, while I had 4000 dialed in. I had to pull the knob to force a descent and then I had to press PROF again... :( I also had to add drag while descending: I did, but the sign didn't go away...

<<But I can't move the slider at all>>If you are using VISTA, give administrator rights to the PMDG folder and everything in it.The speed increases above the acceleration altitude that is set in the TO INIT page of the MCDU.The descent should start at the TOD if the lower altitude is selected and you are in PROF mode. When properly set up, the annunciator above the airspeed tape will be a two line entry with something like: HOLD 33000 PROF TO 4000 and it will all be magenta unless the lower altitude is not one of the contraints along the path ahead.

Dan Downs KCRP

<<But I can't move the slider at all>>1. If you are using VISTA, give administrator rights to the PMDG folder and everything in it.2. The speed increases above the acceleration altitude that is set in the TO INIT page of the MCDU.3. The descent should start at the TOD if the lower altitude is selected and you are in PROF mode. When properly set up, the annunciator above the airspeed tape will be a two line entry with something like: HOLD 33000 PROF TO 4000 and it will all be magenta unless the lower altitude is not one of the contraints along the path ahead.
1. Still doesn't work...2. I know, but it didn't happen.3. I know, but it didn't happen. I will do the flight a few times more: maybe I goofed up somewhere.
This should help you with your first problemhttp://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=236496Jay V.
Thx, but in my OP I mentioned the solutions that topic offers, and they didn't help for me.BTW I managed to finish the tutorial flight and it was GREAT!!! Don't know if I will ever be able to do a flight without that tutorial pdf but who knows... :( I didn't manage to shut everything down the right way, but I am lready very glad I managed to land and all! I have to say I am amazed how smooth the plane runs on my system! That was one of my main concerns, but I worried for nothing.Okay, I am off to read the manuals...

Did you try the registry repair as well?If that doesn't work, you might as well try a re-install. It sounds like more than a couple things are off.Kyle

Kyle Rodgers

DId a re-install: still doesn't work. Fortunately I found out you can enter the fuel using the PMDG ingame menu and you can enter ZFW etc. into the MCDU by rightclicking and then leftclicking. So... I don't need that fuel slider at all... ;)

The speed increases above the acceleration altitude that is set in the TO INIT page of the MCDU.The descent should start at the TOD if the lower altitude is selected and you are in PROF mode. When properly set up, the annunciator above the airspeed tape will be a two line entry with something like: HOLD 33000 PROF TO 4000 and it will all be magenta unless the lower altitude is not one of the contraints along the path ahead.
Well, during my second tutorial flight it all went well. Apart from the landing: the plane didn't catch the G/S... But the two problems above were clearly due to me doing something very stupid. :(EDIT:Jeroen (I always forget to add my name...)EDIT 2:While I am at it: during both flights I constantly had to add drag during descent. Not only while flying the STAR (the tutorial mentions 'add drag' during the STAR section but states it won't be necessary for this route) but ALL the time, starting when I have to come down from 37.000. That's not how it is supposed to be, is it? I even have to add complete full drag in order to maintain the speed FMS dictates.

ADD DRAG is not unusual but if it always asks for it then something is wrong. Maybe a screenshot would help at this point.

Dan Downs KCRP

The fuel option in the load manager still doens't work here btw... So everytime I load something my plane has zero fuel. Luckily I can add fuel after that using the ingame PMDG option, but still... it would be nice to get the ZFW and so on from the load manager, so I can enter them manually into the MCDU. Now I always rightclick and leftclick. I am VERY happy this is possible, otherwise I wouldn't be able to fly the plane! Anyone else here who still has problems with that fuel slider?

Nope, my load manager sets the fuel as expected. I can't find your answer to type OS, are you using Vista or XP?

Dan Downs KCRP

Vista 32 bit. The coming month I am going to buy a new computer: still in doubt if I should go for 64 bit. I'm afraid my wheel and joystick won't work for instance. Or some programs I use. (Got to find a site that tells me what's 64 bit compatible or not. But this is getting OT :( )

Vista: Make sure the PMDG folder and all subfolders have administrator rights. Hope that helps.

Dan Downs KCRP