Sign in to follow this  
Guest onelimey

Winds Shift Issue With Asa

Guest onelimey

Ok, I am getting all sorts of problems with wind shift. I've been blown on and off course for the last 50 NM climbing out of Atlanta. I have the Enable DWC option checked and turned the weather of in a registered copy of FSUIPC. I also tried it with wind smoothing turned on in FSUIPC and received the same issue. The MFD in PMDG shows the wind direction as being steady but yet I was being blown all over the place.Update, regardless on weather I use ASA windsmoothing or ASA with FUSIPC I fly the crazy S curves all over the sky trying to maintain my heading. So far for me this is worse than it was in ASX.Update Two: It finally got to the point where the flight became unenjoyable and I disconnected ASA and everything worked fine. With ASA running all my aircraft did was fly giant S-Curves all over the sky regardless of what my FSUIPC settings where. In the end with FSUIPC weather turned off I was getting 100kts of drop in airspeed as well as 1000 ft variations in altitude. In the end the plane was almost totally uncontrollable.TanksAndy

Hi Andy,Sorry for the problem.Some suggestions:Set FSUIPC to default settingsTry a default plane.Make sure you have a flightplan processed.If this is FSX, have virtual stations On and route coverage On.Thanks,

Guest onelimey
Hi Andy,Sorry for the problem.Some suggestions:Set FSUIPC to default settingsTry a default plane.Make sure you have a flightplan processed.If this is FSX, have virtual stations On and route coverage On.Thanks,
Jim, This was regardless of what aircraft I was using. The settings that you said to check is what was used when the issues occurred in my earlier post. In ASA main screen there where notices posted of changes in FPM i.e. Thermal generated: 185FPM, Temp = 0.93333 and Up/downdraft gnerated: 275fpm, Downdraft = False, Winddir = 262, Windspeed = 79, Strengthfactor = 2.633333. There where a series of these back to back. I've attached the logfile for this session using the PMDG 747F.TanksAndy