Sign in to follow this  
digitalDog

Rc 4.3 Doesn't Recognize My Commands

I just installed RC 4.3 and ran into a problem for which I have not found a solution so far. I see the Radar Contact Window and can move it around just fine, however it doesn't recognize my keystrokes. For example, if I press '1' to request a clearance, nothing happens. The windows stays the same, the frequency won't get changed and I hear no chatter.I already tried all predefined keystrokes, checked for interference with FSX keys and all that. I don't get it done.I have the Options FSUIPC multiline display window and Hide all single line messages checked in FSUIPC, just like the manual says.Can anybody help me please?Merry Christmas to all of you.pepeI have installed:Windows XP SP3FSX + AccelerationRadar Contact 4.3FSUIPC 4.4

Happy Holidays, Pepe:Please note, one of your panel windows should be active, not the RC window (it should just be visible) for keystrokes to be accepted.It is also possible that another gauge or add-on is using those keystrokes blocking them from getting to RC. One test is to try RC with a default aircraft loaded and see how it works. Don't run any other add-ons during this test.If it works, then the aircraft or another add-on is "stealing" key strokes. You can try reassigning keystrokes within RC to see if that helps. Open that tab up anyway to insure the keystrokes mapped are what you wish.If you still have problems, follow the instructions in the thread at the head of this forum to send in a log to jd for support. Being holiday time his response might be a little slower.

I just installed RC 4.3 and ran into a problem for which I have not found a solution so far. I see the Radar Contact Window and can move it around just fine, however it doesn't recognize my keystrokes. For example, if I press '1' to request a clearance, nothing happens. The windows stays the same, the frequency won't get changed and I hear no chatter.I already tried all predefined keystrokes, checked for interference with FSX keys and all that. I don't get it done.I have the Options FSUIPC multiline display window and Hide all single line messages checked in FSUIPC, just like the manual says.Can anybody help me please?Merry Christmas to all of you.pepeI have installed:Windows XP SP3FSX + AccelerationRadar Contact 4.3FSUIPC 4.4
is fs running when you press the keys? does fs have "focus"?jd

I just installed RC 4.3 and ran into a problem for which I have not found a solution so far. I see the Radar Contact Window and can move it around just fine, however it doesn't recognize my keystrokes. For example, if I press '1' to request a clearance, nothing happens. The windows stays the same, the frequency won't get changed and I hear no chatter.I already tried all predefined keystrokes, checked for interference with FSX keys and all that. I don't get it done.I have the Options FSUIPC multiline display window and Hide all single line messages checked in FSUIPC, just like the manual says.Can anybody help me please?
jd asks if FS has focus. I had the same problem.I play with 2 monitors. I just needed to click anywhere on the main FS panel then the commands to RC were recognized. Each time I clicked on another panel on the other monitor I needed to reclick on the main monitor to get the commands recognized.

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Thanks for your help folks.I solved the problem already. I just started RC too early. I wasn't aware before, that it only works if you start it, while already sitting in the cockpit.

Thanks for your help folks.I solved the problem already. I just started RC too early. I wasn't aware before, that it only works if you start it, while already sitting in the cockpit.
rc can't register the keys in fs, if fs isn't running.suggest a quick read of the manual, so you can get the most out of rcjd

rc can't register the keys in fs, if fs isn't running.suggest a quick read of the manual, so you can get the most out of rcjd
I have had RC4.3 for a few days now and am quite impressed. Thanks to the authors for a fine product.I have one question on the same subject topic. With focus in FS, I find that all the keys are recognised by RC EXCEPT "0" for "main menu". I suspect some conflict with the FS key commands but have not found it yet.Any idea?Phil

I have had RC4.3 for a few days now and am quite impressed. Thanks to the authors for a fine product.I have one question on the same subject topic. With focus in FS, I find that all the keys are recognised by RC EXCEPT "0" for "main menu". I suspect some conflict with the FS key commands but have not found it yet.Any idea?Phil
change it in rc to ctrl-alt-0jd