Sign in to follow this  
Guest iwazi

Evolveai A318 Base file - ev318_models.zip

I downloaded several Frontier Airlines A318 textures and "ev318_models.zip" is the file name provided in the documentation for the base files. Other texture files in the Avsim file library refer to the same filename. However, I cannot find the file in the Avsim file library. Is the file still available or has the filename been changed? Or, does someone have it who could email it to me?Thanks for anyone's help.JayGee

The files were removed when an updated model was released. Search for the file djc_a318.zip which is the new model. Make sure to read the included documentation as you will need to do some file renaming to make the textures work with the new version of the model.

Now it seems the djc_*.zip files are gone as well. I'm not seeing them during a search. :(This action just rendered thousands of uploaded texture files useless.I'd like to ask AVSIM to investigate the deletion of these latest models please.Specifically:djc_a318.zipdjc_a319.zipdjc_a320.zipdjc_a321.zipThanks...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest sssummer

Seems like new updated files were just released today (Jan 13th). This should solve your problem.

Nope, they're gone now too!Guess we'll have to do our model-shopping over at Flightsim.com as they were never touched over there. Shame...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest dfreed

You're correct Al. Unfortunately AVSIM has accepted a very questionable claim of co-ownership made by one of the other ex-EvolveAI members. Apparently that means that neither the original models or the replacements will be allowed at AVSIM.I also suspect this is only the tip of the iceberg. I wouldn't be too surprised to see other AI developers remove files out of concern that claims of co-ownership might be made with their files as well.It's unfortunate that AVSIM gets caught in the middle of this because they have been very supportive of the AI freeware community for many years. At the same time, it would seem AVSIM have arrived at their decision in this case based on one person's word with little or no actual evidence or substance.

It's a shame you two couldn't come to an agreement. Now the whole community suffers the loss of these great files. We all lead very demanding lives and simply do not have the time to investigate claims when there is no way for us to gain proof of "ownership". You could both tell us your side till your blue in the face, but in the end, how do we know who's right, and at the same time avoid a court room when all we are trying to do is host files for our users.

Guest dfreed

>It's a shame you two couldn't come to an agreement. Now the>whole community suffers the loss of these great files. We all>lead very demanding lives and simply do not have the time to>investigate claims when there is no way for us to gain proof>of "ownership". You could both tell us your side till your>blue in the face, but in the end, how do we know who's right,>and at the same time avoid a court room when all we are trying>to do is host files for our users.It seems to me you could ask to see the source files. Better yet, why don't you ask both Craig and Brian to produce a version of the model with an added feature like an additional wheel or whatever. Only the builder, and rightful owner, of the model could do that.I find it very odd that you're willing to make a decision to remove someone's files without any justification or basis in fact. All it takes is one person to claim a dispute without any proof, any evidence, nothing, and the files are gone.

Take directly from our user agreement"Copyrights (again): Do not upload freeware or shareware files in violation of the author's copyright. AVSIM has a very strict "no questions asked" or "zero tolerance" policy as it pertains to copyright violations. If your file is suspected of copyright violations, AVSIM Online will immediately remove the file and you could be banned from posting any further files."Furthermore:"...At AVSIM, we take the issue of copyrights very seriously and we will enforce the rights of copyright holders without question."We also state in our e-mail to both parties that AVSIM will not mediate protests.

Guest dfreed

>Take directly from our user agreement>>"Copyrights (again): Do not upload freeware or shareware files>in violation of the author's copyright. AVSIM has a very>strict "no questions asked" or "zero tolerance" policy as it>pertains to copyright violations. If your file is suspected of>copyright violations, AVSIM Online will immediately remove the>file and you could be banned from posting any further files.">>Furthermore:>>"...At AVSIM, we take the issue of copyrights very seriously>and we will enforce the rights of copyright holders without>question.">>We also state in our e-mail to both parties that AVSIM will>not mediate protests.Obviously we see this differently Chase. I fully support AVSIM's policy as you have pointed out in your post. It is a good policy.Specifically you say: "....If your file is suspected of copyright violations, AVSIM Online will immediately remove the file ...."So you suspect Craig Ritchie has violated a copyright? You have not provided Craig with any basis for that suspicion. In your view, what specific information causes you to suspect that Craig has violated a copyright?I agree with your policy, and I know that Craig does too. The problem here Chase is that I don

If you need explanation of what the alleged copyright violation was, the person reporting claimed to be part of the development specifically the .air files I believe they were.I thought about the whole "add a wheel to the aircraft" to see who has the base model, but having the base model does not necessarily prove ownership, either one of them may have distributed the actual base to others.

I would also like to state for the record I do have dated e-mails to Craig in which notifications were sent of the removals specifically why.

Guest dfreed

>If you need explanation of what the alleged copyright>violation was, the person reporting claimed to be part of the>development specifically the .air files I believe they were.>>I thought about the whole "add a wheel to the aircraft" to see>who has the base model, but having the base model does not>necessarily prove ownership, either one of them may have>distributed the actual base to others.I know this is getting old Chase, but thanks for your willingness to continue talking about it.Any claim by Brian Mitchell that a copyright violation has occurred regarding the FDE files (.air and aircraft.cfg) is clearly and obviously untrue. Just open up the old FDE files and the new ones and see for yourself. The FDE files for the new models are completely new files produced by David Rawlins specifically to avoid any potential claim by Mr. Mitchell.I would also suggest to you that Brian is well aware of this, and for him to suggest that there is a copyright problem with these files is fundamentally dishonest. It is very easy to see that his claim is utterly false, just look at the files. Furthermore, I would like to think that would cause you pause for thought regarding the truthfulness and integrity of his entire position on this subject.The bottom line here Chase is that there is no copyright violation. Mr. Mitchell

Guest drawlins

>If you need explanation of what the alleged copyright>violation was, the person reporting claimed to be part of the>development specifically the .air files I believe they were.>Wow, since I'm the one who made the FDE's for the DJC Airbus models, this claim is a surprising bit of news to me. Especially since I used the very same .air file with the DJC models that I used for my 737v2 models last year. And that .air file is pretty much the default MS 734 .air file with a couple of minor changes such as making the plane not appear in the aircraft selection menu.>It's a shame you two couldn't come to an agreement. >If your neighbor suddenly claims that he owns your car because he helped you change a flat tire a year ago, exactly what sort of agreement would you want to come to with your neighbor?>"...At AVSIM, we take the issue of copyrights very seriously and we >will enforce the rights of copyright holders without question."Unfortunately, you're enforcing the "rights" of a NON-copyright holder "without question" in this case.I'm sure that 99.9% of the time, the avsim policy concerning this sort of thing works just fine. Someone "borrows" someone elses repaint, slaps a new sticker beside the door and uploads their "new" repaint. The author of the original repaint protests, and avsim removes the file. And that's the way it should work. But what happens when someone with no legitimate claim on a model or repaint writes to avsim and says that he's the actual author of any given file? Avsim removes the file. But where does that leave the ACTUAL author of the file in question? He has to "come to an agreement" with someone who's lying to avsim just so avsim will let his files be in the avsim library?Face it, the situation in this case is that you've got someone here, Brian Mitchell, who is "gaming" the avsim system, just so he can have some models made by someone he clearly doesn't like removed from the avsim library. So, if I feel like it, I can claim that every POSKY model and repaint in the avsim library actually belongs to me. And then, "without question", avsim will remove all those POSKY files until such time as the POSKY guys "come to an agreement" with me, and only at that time will avsim allow those files to be in the avsim library? Heck, why stop at POSKY? The avsim user agreement gives me (or anyone else) the abilty to have every single file removed from the avsim library "without question." Though somehow I suspect that if I tried this, the avsim library staff would have some questions (and rightfully so), and they wouldn't just arbitrarily remove all the files till myself and 1000's of FS developers "came to an agreement".I undertand why avsim has such written policies in place, but there comes a time when you need to make an exception to your stated policies because someone is abusing the avsim library policies for their own satisfaction.David Rawlins