Sign in to follow this  
Guest iwazi

Evolveai A318 Base file - ev318_models.zip

David,Okay, so you are claiming to be the original author and that Brian Mitchell has no valid claim what so ever?

Guest drawlins

I'm only claiming that I made the FDE's (.cfg and .air files) for Craig Ritchie's DJC airbus models from scratch. Well, not from scratch exactly, I made them using the FDE (.cfg and .air files) I had made for my ai aardvark 737v2 models as a starting point. Which I believe were based on the ai aardvark 737 NG FDE's from 2005 if I recall correctly.So, if as Chase mentioned, the complaint from Brian Mitchell that instigated avsim to remove Craig's "DJC" airbus models from the library is based upon the .air files contained within Craig Ritchie's DJC airbus model uploads, that claim is totally bogus and without merit.David Rawlins

All of these files in this discussion are now ALLOWED in the library. Anyone who e-mails us telling to remove, they will be informed we are keeping them online.

Guest dfreed

Thank you Chase and Tom for reviewing this whole situation and changing your decision regarding Craig's models. You've clearly done the right thing here.I'm very pleased to see that once again all of the AVSIM users will be able to enjoy Craig's work.Thanks again.

Guest tel33

>All of these files in this discussion are now ALLOWED in the>library. Anyone who e-mails us telling to remove, they will>be informed we are keeping them online.Still can't seem to find 'ev318_models.zip' as requested in the thread opener... what's going on?

Guest dfreed

>>All of these files in this discussion are now ALLOWED in>the>>library. Anyone who e-mails us telling to remove, they will>>be informed we are keeping them online.>>Still can't seem to find 'ev318_models.zip' as requested in>the thread opener... what's going on?Gee I wonder? It's very confusing isn't it Holger?

Guest tel33

>Gee I wonder? It's very confusing isn't it Holger?Not really, but I have a feeling it still might be for some. As I said elsewhere numerous times, the new models are not an issue at all. However, there are some 1000+ files in the AVSIM archive relying on the old files which had been deleted first. From my understanding they may be uploaded as well, otherwise it makes no sense at all.

Guest dfreed

>>>Gee I wonder? It's very confusing isn't it Holger?>>Not really, but I have a feeling it still might be for some.>As I said elsewhere numerous times, the new models are not an>issue at all. However, there are some 1000+ files in the AVSIM>archive relying on the old files which had been deleted first.>From my understanding they may be uploaded as well, otherwise>it makes no sense at all.I think it makes perfect sense. As for uploading the old models, I'm sure if Craig wanted to upload HIS old models, AVSIM would be okay with that. Then again, it seems likely that Craig probably doesn't want to do that or he wouldn't have removed them in the first place.

Those old evai models were replaced with the following. Read the enclosed Readme.txt files very carefully. You will have to rename texture files to work with these new (latest & greatest) models. The author (Craig Ritchie) designed the file-name change on purpose and the older evai base models will more than likely not appear again as this is his intention.djc_a318.zipdjc_a319.zipdjc_a320.zipdjc_a321.zipCraig recommends some good batch-rename utilities in his Readme.txt doc wich make changing the texture file names fast and painless. Highly recommended to use such a tool to prevent file-name errors.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest iwazi

>>>Gee I wonder? It's very confusing isn't it Holger?>>Not really, but I have a feeling it still might be for some.>As I said elsewhere numerous times, the new models are not an>issue at all. However, there are some 1000+ files in the AVSIM>archive relying on the old files which had been deleted first.>From my understanding they may be uploaded as well, otherwise>it makes no sense at all.Once upon a time, people didn't even put links to the models in the file descriptions or the readmes of their repaints. If people couldn't find the models, they'd ask for help if they wanted them that badly. I remember the FSPainter models being particularly hard to find, yet people still managed to get them. It's really not the end of the world. In this case JayGee asked for help, and he would have gotten it easily had the updated DJC models not been pulled over and over again due to dubious copyright claims. Holger, like you I have repaints linking to the old EVAI files, but I'm not concerned about the fact file names for the models are wrong. I trust in the fact that the average downloader has more intelligence than a brick, and can figure out where to get them after making a minor effort.Speaking of intelligence, think for a second. Everyone is getting so whiny about links not working with the Airbus series. Don't forget about the EvolveAI DC-10s. You can't even download those models from Avsim anymore, can you? All this fuss about renaming files and not being able to easily find the A320 models . . . at least you can get models for them. Why isn't anyone bothered by the fact that the DC-10s are completely gone and unavailable? Sure they don't have 1000+ repaints linking to them, but it's an even worse situation in terms of the availability of the models. Are we not allowed to complain about that situation, because it was Brian Mitchell who pulled those EvolveAI files, not Craig?On a related note, the EvolveAI ERJ-145s and ERJ-140s (evai145.zip, evai140.zip) are also suffering from the exact same situation as the A320s. The original base packages are gone, so the repaints linking to them link to nowhere. No one concerned about that??? There are updated and renamed models out there from AI Malcontent, but anyone downloading an old EVAI repaint will be just as confused as the ones trying to find a A320 model. Why not start posting questions about those as well?The focus on the DJC Airbus series is pretty sad when you look at the bigger picture. Lose the tunnel vision.

Guest aa72

When can you guys just move on? Why do you insist on picking on a guy that brought enjoyment to many people here? Looking at the file downloads of EvolveAI related files I believe even you would have a problem questioning the success and popularity of this group. Yet you insist on continuing to run Brian Mitchell "out of town". Something you have been trying to do for some time:http//forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=263&topic_id=1412When will you grow up? This IS Flight Simulator, a hobby!Ami

Guest iwazi

>When can you guys just move on? Why do you insist on picking>on a guy that brought enjoyment to many people here? Looking>at the file downloads of EvolveAI related files I believe even>you would have a problem questioning the success and>popularity of this group. Yet you insist on continuing to run>Brian Mitchell "out of town". Something you have been trying>to do for some time:>>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...3&topic_id=1412>>When will you grow up? This IS Flight Simulator, a hobby!>>Ami>>:-) Did you actually read the post that you linked to? Don't you see that what I was writing about is exactly what happened here?Success and popularity are great as long as you aren't trampled by someone trying to get there. What you see as running someone out of town is some of us standing up against the manipulation and underhanded stuff he's been doing behind the scenes. Heck, even AVSIM is a victim of it now. You're right, Flight Simulator is a hobby. That kind of behavior shouldn't be necessary. That's why many of us want to take our association and our hobby as far away from him as possible. I'm sorry if that ruins your access to free stuff, but if that's all you care about, go ahead and vilify me. Vilify Craig for doing what he felt was right with his models. I don't think either of us mind being unpopular. ;) I'm curious though. How have I been trying to run Brian Mitchell "out of town"? Since that post you linked to that I wrote over a year ago defending my work and my hobby from his behavior, and the recent events in the last month where I have again spoken up in defense of Craig and others, what have I done to "run him out of town". Give me some evidence of this, because I've seen that before, and I just don't get it. I'm not sure you do either.

Guest aa72

"my hobby"?Your over reaction to my post is all I and others need to read. What motivates you to even write such comments? You and your friends have lost all sense of what this community is all about. Instead of posting your poison in the Avsim forums, why not spend your time trying to patch up your differences with Brian Mitchell, as he has obviously stepped forward and made many more positive contributions than negative ones. Why not try to contribute something other than personal attacks and self important public proclamations. I am beginning to see a pattern that only your point of view is the one that matters.Ami

Guest iwazi

EDIT: Apparently locking the thread doesn't affect posts being written when the thread is locked. I've removed my post out of respect for Tom, so he can have the last word.