Sign in to follow this  
lawinge2

Fps Drops To 7 Every Few Seconds

FPS drops to 7 every few seconds with ASA 15 minute downlads running. Cut ASA off and everything is fine with steady locked 30 fps. Would like to figure this out because flying into developing weather is one of the best things about ASA or ASX. I didn't have this pulsating fps problem with ASX.

Hi,Sorry for the problem. First occurrence of this.Is your anti-virus scanning during this?Is this while ASA is downloading data or processing it?Thanks,

It was aparfently because i neglected to update the X-gauge. Now I notice very little fps drop any time. I think less fps drop than ASX.very good results for me so far with ASA.

So wait did he fix the problem? How did you fix the problem? I was having the exact same problem. My installation has been shaky thus far. The first installation was giving me constant rapid little wind changes which I think was due to the fact that I still had not unchecked all the weather settings for REX, but anyways I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled and have unchecked all other weather settings but ASA and it works but I had this exact same problem which I found I could fix as long as I don't have Xgauge installed any ideas?Thanks,Tony N.happy holidays!

I was getting ready to log in and report the very same issue, but saw that you guys were already talking about it. I'm actually getting a little lower FPS drop down to 1.7FPS. It's very cyclic in nature when it starts, but it doesn't seem to happen all of the time. When it starts, about once every minute the FPS will drop to as low as 1.7 for about 2 or 3 seconds and then returns to normal.Been watching it for the last couple of days and the only constants I can come up with so far is that it seems to happen when I'm on and near airports.I'm currently in the Pacific so the airports have been few and far between. When up at cruise altitude it doesn't seem to happen at all that I've seen so far. The other that is a definite is that once FPS drop cycle starts, I can make it stop instantly by shutting down ASA.I've opened up the ASA menu while this is going on to see if it was in the process of updating/downloading data when the FPS drop happens but so far that doesn't seem to be the issue. The question I have after reading what you guys have already mentioned is the XGauge update. What is it? That may have been something I over looked. Thanks FAC

I haven't found it. I'm at the same point you are. Mine will actually stop my frames for about 1 second four times in a row at a perfect constant time passage. It happens whenever I'm up at cruise altitude and doesn't really happen on the ground. I just uninstalled Xgauge to fix my problem, but I know there's another way. I can pretty much trace my problem down to the Xgauge moving map. It seems to go into the low FPS mode whenever its updating my position on the map which I have no idea how to fix unless I just don't let it worry about updating position by uninstalling it altogether.Regards,Tony N.

Well, I just went and disabled the Xgauge completely. Uninstalled it from all the aircraft.cfgs and then disabled the .dll file itself. Renamed it to .old in the Gauge folder and removed the reference in the fsx.cfg file. The problem seems to have corrected itself. I'm back up to what looks like my old constant FPS numbers. This is using the exact same save flight at the same airport. With XGauge active I get the cyclic FPS drop and with XGauge disabled I don't. FAC

I'm not being mean or caustic in any of this statement, but you could have just run the Xgauge wizard again for the uninstall option. Either way however we are both experiencing the same problem and the same TEMPORARY solution apparently fixes it :) Now, if we could get some developer insight on this perhaps we might derive a permanent fix

Not a problem. The only thing is that the XGauge uninstall program doesn't actually uninstall the gauge. It only removes the references to it in the aircraft.cfg files. With the actual gauge being a .dll file and still in the FSX/Gauge folder and still being listed as an accepted gauge in the fsx.cfg file even after the uninstall, I just wanted to make sure it was completely out of the picture. When checking for problems I try not to leave any loop holes. As for the developer fix, I'm not too worried. The guys at HiFi have been at the upper levels of customer service and support as far back as I can remember. You can bet they are already reading and looking into it. FAC

I too had to totally disable Xgauge to stop the stuttering. I hope there is a solution to this.ThanksDarcy

Make sure you uninstall the original version of Xgauge i.e. version 1 from ASX otherwise you will get problems with Xgauge Version 2 from ASA.

Cheers, Andy.

I have never owned a previous version of Active Sky only REX and Weathermaker (which I no longer have) and I still get the perfunctorial stuttering issues

I too do not have a previous version of ASX and I still get the stuttering.Darcy

I have also found that if I lock the map to fs location the stutters come back. So no Xguage (change to Xgauge.old) and do not check the lock to fs in map mode. I hope this can be fixed $65.00 (canadian) is a lot to spend on something that is not working right.ThanksDarcy