Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

Fsd Commander Released

In case it hasn't been posted the long awaited Commander 115 TC Version 2 for Flight Simulator X SP 2 has been released. The cost is around $36 usd. For an additional $10.00 you can add the GNS480 and other radios that will work in all of your FS X aircraft. http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/C115/vx.htmMerry ChristmasCarl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

In case it hasn't been posted the long awaited Commander 115 TC Version 2 for Flight Simulator X SP 2 has been released. The cost is around $36 usd. For an additional $10.00 you can add the GNS480 and other radios that will work in all of your FS X aircraft. http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/C115/vx.htmMerry ChristmasCarl
Has anyone purchased this bird yet? If so, please let us know how you like it - visuals, frame rate issues, flight characteristics, etc.Dale

Dale

See here.Looks like you're better off with the default aircraft.Alex
Thanks Alex,Looks like I'll hold on to my wallet. FSD has done some good aircraft in the past, but the comments on this one are not favorable.Dale

Dale

Even 45 million dollar new aircraft soon have a lengthy list of "squawks" during the first few weeks after their delivery......so why expect a sub-fifty dolllar simulator aircraft to be completely free of teething issues? :( From years of experience I've learned that -after having worked on any given project for a long time- it becomes increasingly difficult to notice things that to "fresh eyes" are immediately obvious (such as cross-linked rudder pedals)... :( ...other reported issues, such as ADF tuning for example, may well turn out to be cockpit error, typically caused by a failure to read and/or follow the operating manual, or they may actually be a mousepoint problem. :( Give the nice folks at FSD sufficient time to identify and fix any real problems... I'm certain they'd appreciate that consideration.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yep...honestly I wanted to get this...but determined before release I would not. In my opinion I have spent far too much money on FSD planes...Commander, Cheyenne, Seneca, Porter, and Navajo...upgrade after upgrade...only to inevitably get frustrated with the non-friendly panel editing (I own several Reality XP products). I most recently purchased a promotion to get two planes discounted...I chose the O2A and the 337 Skypmaster - but after initial install I immediately knew I would not use the O2A and asked if I could "exchange" my order for a different promotion - with no option offered or flexibility shown by FSD). Add to this my INITIAL re-install issues a few years ago with re-activation problems (being accused of suspicious conduct when all I did was change a piece of hardware or re-install XP - which I did a LOT back then. [disclaimer: granted - those issues HAVE since gone away for the most part and the reactivation process is much simpler than before]. Anyway - I honestly haven't been truly satisfied with any plane - to the point where once installed I just don't fly them - since the original Commander and the Seneca (LOVED THOSE!). So - I have come to the conclusion that the impulsive buyer in me would just continue to spend money on upgrades to planes that sit in my hangar regardless of the rather subjective arrogant attitudes I have observed in the company's staff...if I didn't finally stop. So - with that said - I have finally stopped. I recently royally screwed up my entired system performing a registry compact...requiring a complete reinstall. It's been about a month now, and I have FSX up and running beautifully...but I haven't installed ANY of my FSD aircraft...and at least right now - I'm not even tempted.Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry Christmas all.I just bought the Commander and I agree there is a lot to be desired. I just discovered that when using the altitude alerter (there is absolutely no documentation for this instrument and I have printed all the manuals out) that I could not reduce the pre selected altitude. I rolled the mousewheel and the pre selected altitude went up as expected but there was no way I could reduce it, when trying to roll the mouse wheel in the opposite directon or when trying left/right mouse clicks everywhere the pre selected altitude just kept getting higher. Then I found it was the same with pre selected VS. For the first time that I can remember I killed FSX in mid flight. Looks like an unsuccessful Christmas release rush job to me.YUK!

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Bill Leaming has given a number of complelling reasons why folks should hold off on the kneejerk response to some of the issues that may have slipped by the testers.Give FSD the benefit of the doubt and allow them the time to tweak whatever they need to tweak. We're sure they'll take care of their responsibilities.It really is unrealistic to expect perfection right out of the box guys. Better to allow a little space for improvements than to castigate a product within 48 hrs. of release. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Bill Leaming has given a number of complelling reasons why folks should hold off on the kneejerk response to some of the issues that may have slipped by the testers.Give FSD the benefit of the doubt and allow them the time to tweak whatever they need to tweak. We're sure they'll take care of their responsibilities.It really is unrealistic to expect perfection right out of the box guys. Better to allow a little space for improvements than to castigate a product within 48 hrs. of release. :(
Ron, There is a difference between perfection and basic functionality. After all one of my favourite FSX aircraft is a certain company's Citation II and I could still criticise it without qualm and with validity, if I felt so inclined. However, I have flown 325 FSX hours in the C551 without complaint because it does the job.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Many thanks about the CII but will repeat...Better to allow a little space for improvements than to castigate a product within 48 hrs. of release. :( And will add especially around the Holidays :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Perhaps they will fix aspects of this aircraft, but I, for one, appreciate the early feedback and appreciate those who are piping up to identify the "bad smells." Money is too tight to be flitting about with every add-on that comes down the pike. When something comes out, I wanna hear the "word on the street;" there's no need to suppress this.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Perhaps they will fix aspects of this aircraft, but I, for one, appreciate the early feedback and appreciate those who are piping up to identify the "bad smells." Money is too tight to be flitting about with every add-on that comes down the pike. When something comes out, I wanna hear the "word on the street;" there's no need to suppress this.
I agree. I'm holding my final judgement until I see a complete review on this aircraft, but I'm also holding off on a purchase. In these times, I only have a limited budget for FS, so I'm shopping very carefully. If there are issues, and FSD fixes them, I may reconsider.Dale

Dale

I wanna hear the "word on the street;" there's no need to suppress this.
Well, speaking for myself only, I never suggested "supress[ion]" at all. What I suggest instead is moderation in one's posts. Report observed issues concisely and objectively, and leave out the drama and histrionics... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well I bought it, and I like it! Frame rate friendly, and seems to fly "Ok".Can I jump in it and fly around the FSX universe? Yep.Does everything work as promised, like Alt. Alerter? Don't know...haven't gotten that far.I'm sure all the "bugs" will be sorted out and fixed sooner than later...for now, I can fly my Commander in FSX, by hand, and that's just fine.My 2 cent's and what do you expect from a $35.00 program nowadays? A trip to the local tavern with my wife for a drink and a snack costs just as much!Cheers,bt