Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

Fsd Commander Released

Well I bought it, and I like it! Frame rate friendly, and seems to fly "Ok".Can I jump in it and fly around the FSX universe? Yep.Does everything work as promised, like Alt. Alerter? Don't know...haven't gotten that far.I'm sure all the "bugs" will be sorted out and fixed sooner than later...for now, I can fly my Commander in FSX, by hand, and that's just fine.My 2 cent's and what do you expect from a $35.00 program nowadays? A trip to the local tavern with my wife for a drink and a snack costs just as much!Cheers,bt
I would rather pay for a $50 aircraft that both worked and was fully documented :(

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I would rather pay for a $50 aircraft that both worked and was fully documented :(
For what it's worth, I decided to go with the Carenado holiday special and picked up the Mooney and the C182 Q for less than $27. Both are excellent on my P4-3.4GHZ, with good fps.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest DanMertz

I just got the Commander and I think its a fantastic release. Great model, cockpits, avionics and frame rates. A lot of nice extra features too. Well worth the $30 IMHO

Guys,I've not posted until now for a few reasons. First off, understand that I am new to the group. I started doing work for FSD back in May primarily to convert existing models to true FSX versions. Up until now my involvement in the Commander was very limited and consisted of comments regarding the visual model due to the fact that I have projects ongoing. Our new gallery here shows many pictures of what I am doing.This plane underwent a pretty extensive amount of testing. It would not have been released unless we felt it was ready. Know that your concerns have been noted by the group, and work is already underway on an update. It would really be helpful to us if you could contact us regarding problems via our support forum. To date there has been one post there about the Commander, and that individual was able to resolve his install issue on his own.Here's my offer... I'm willing to maintain a dialogue with you if you are willing to be civil. That is fair. I'll tell you up front that I do not run the ship, but as a team member I very much want to see the customer get a good product along with the rest of the group.What say you?

Guest DanMertz

Can't speak for anyone else, but mine installed no problem. Everything runs smooth as glass.

Yep...honestly I wanted to get this...but determined before release I would not. In my opinion I have spent far too much money on FSD planes...Commander, Cheyenne, Seneca, Porter, and Navajo...upgrade after upgrade...only to inevitably get frustrated with the non-friendly panel editing (I own several Reality XP products). I most recently purchased a promotion to get two planes discounted...I chose the O2A and the 337 Skypmaster - but after initial install I immediately knew I would not use the O2A and asked if I could "exchange" my order for a different promotion - with no option offered or flexibility shown by FSD). Add to this my INITIAL re-install issues a few years ago with re-activation problems (being accused of suspicious conduct when all I did was change a piece of hardware or re-install XP - which I did a LOT back then. [disclaimer: granted - those issues HAVE since gone away for the most part and the reactivation process is much simpler than before]. Anyway - I honestly haven't been truly satisfied with any plane - to the point where once installed I just don't fly them - since the original Commander and the Seneca (LOVED THOSE!). So - I have come to the conclusion that the impulsive buyer in me would just continue to spend money on upgrades to planes that sit in my hangar regardless of the rather subjective arrogant attitudes I have observed in the company's staff...if I didn't finally stop. So - with that said - I have finally stopped. I recently royally screwed up my entired system performing a registry compact...requiring a complete reinstall. It's been about a month now, and I have FSX up and running beautifully...but I haven't installed ANY of my FSD aircraft...and at least right now - I'm not even tempted.Merry Christmas everyone!
I've experienced many of the same issues with FSD. I'm torn because I am fond of the airplanes I purchase from them, particularly the Pilatus Porter and the Seneca V, but I definitely won't purchase another. I've had enough of the insulting replies when I email them with a problem. On several occasions, one just a few days ago, they have suggested that I'm probably lying about having legitimately purchased one of their products. That doesn't build customer loyalty. Those in charge at FSD International need to have a long and serious chat with the person who writes those emails. Perhaps he, or she, should find another line of work.

Guest SteveS_FSD

Lincoln,I do not like responding to misleading comments, but the record needs to be put straight. On 25th December 2008 (Christmas Day) you wrote to us saying you had unknowingly obtained an illegal, incomplete, visually trashed pirated version of the FSD Saratoga that used a Cessna panel. You asked what should you do about that. We explained that we accepted you didn't realise it was pirated software when you downloaded it and said we had no interest in what you did with it. In that same message you inquired about downloading the Seneca v1 (although you had the Seneca v2) and we replied indicating we couldn't find any record of that early version Seneca purchase. We ultimately did find you had purchased it over six years ago via Flight1, whom we have not used since year 2002, and explained that we (at least, I) could not even generate Flight1 product keys for that old 2002 software. That six year old order information was not accessible at the time we processed the rest of your request, but as it was FS2002 software it would not have been compatible with FSX at any rate.You also said you were having trouble installing the Cheyenne. Before we realised you were trying to install this FS2002 software in FSX, we explained how to download a current installer to replace it with. Not long after we replied, we realised what you actually were trying to do and wrote again correcting our advice explaining FS2002 software is not compatible with FSX. Look, we understand your being disappointed that your 2002 Cheyenne won't work in FSX, but each new version of FS renders earlier products incompatible to varying degrees. That is how it has always been. with each new version of FS.What we also found when servicing your request was that you have created multiple recent customer registrations for reasons that are not clear to us, using different email addresses. That is a practice we have always found that ends up creating confusion for everyone, just as it has here, and so we have amalgamated these multiple customer ID's for you so that all your records are available at a glance. When you now log into our customer service area using your starband email address you will now see *all* orders. The way it was before we amalgamated those multiple records you would not have seen your entire order history. However even after having done that, we can't find any record of a Navajo or 02A License. Please contact us directly about that so we can try and ID them.These appear to be the facts as they relate to your recent support inquiry. I can't help but express disappointment at your comments which are far less than accurate and which are intended to mislead.

Merry Christmas all.I just bought the Commander and I agree there is a lot to be desired. I just discovered that when using the altitude alerter (there is absolutely no documentation for this instrument and I have printed all the manuals out) that I could not reduce the pre selected altitude. I rolled the mousewheel and the pre selected altitude went up as expected but there was no way I could reduce it, when trying to roll the mouse wheel in the opposite directon or when trying left/right mouse clicks everywhere the pre selected altitude just kept getting higher. Then I found it was the same with pre selected VS. For the first time that I can remember I killed FSX in mid flight. Looks like an unsuccessful Christmas release rush job to me.YUK!
The Commander was definately not rushed out the door. Our beta testers have been examining release candidates since early November.The Commander has very extensive documentation. We did, however, omit the Altitude Alerter handbook. It will be available on Monday Dec. 29.We are not quite sure what you experienced with this module, but this is not something we have received other reports on. We recommend you stop by our support forum and post a message. We would very much like to know if anyone is experiencing something like this. You can also feel free to send us a support inquiry at support@fsd-international.com, or go to our Tech Support page at http://www.fsd-international.com. We are alkways glad to assist you promptly.TD_sig.gif

TD_forum_sig.gif

The Commander was definately not rushed out the door. Our beta testers have been examining release candidates since early November.The Commander has very extensive documentation. We did, however, omit the Altitude Alerter handbook. It will be available on Monday Dec. 29.We are not quite sure what you experienced with this module, but this is not something we have received other reports on. We recommend you stop by our support forum and post a message. We would very much like to know if anyone is experiencing something like this. You can also feel free to send us a support inquiry at support@fsd-international.com, or go to our Tech Support page at http://www.fsd-international.com. We are alkways glad to assist you promptly.TD_sig.gif
I have never had an issue with FSD support. I emailed them once about a problem and it was resolved quickly and in a friendly manner. I plan on getting this new release as it looks pretty nice. I'm sure whatever issues arise will be fixed promptly.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Good post Steve. Users should be able to recognize the attention to detail and extra effort you've made from that post.Glad to see that you, Tim, Jim, and Robert are still producing great aircraft and offering fine support as well :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Lincoln,I do not like responding to misleading comments, but the record needs to be put straight. On 25th December 2008 (Christmas Day) you wrote to us saying you had unknowingly obtained an illegal, incomplete, visually trashed pirated version of the FSD Saratoga that used a Cessna panel. You asked what should you do about that. We explained that we accepted you didn't realise it was pirated software when you downloaded it and said we had no interest in what you did with it. In that same message you inquired about downloading the Seneca v1 (although you had the Seneca v2) and we replied indicating we couldn't find any record of that early version Seneca purchase. We ultimately did find you had purchased it over six years ago via Flight1, whom we have not used since year 2002, and explained that we (at least, I) could not even generate Flight1 product keys for that old 2002 software. That six year old order information was not accessible at the time we processed the rest of your request, but as it was FS2002 software it would not have been compatible with FSX at any rate.You also said you were having trouble installing the Cheyenne. Before we realised you were trying to install this FS2002 software in FSX, we explained how to download a current installer to replace it with. Not long after we replied, we realised what you actually were trying to do and wrote again correcting our advice explaining FS2002 software is not compatible with FSX. Look, we understand your being disappointed that your 2002 Cheyenne won't work in FSX, but each new version of FS renders earlier products incompatible to varying degrees. That is how it has always been. with each new version of FS.What we also found when servicing your request was that you have created multiple recent customer registrations for reasons that are not clear to us, using different email addresses. That is a practice we have always found that ends up creating confusion for everyone, just as it has here, and so we have amalgamated these multiple customer ID's for you so that all your records are available at a glance. When you now log into our customer service area using your starband email address you will now see *all* orders. The way it was before we amalgamated those multiple records you would not have seen your entire order history. However even after having done that, we can't find any record of a Navajo or 02A License. Please contact us directly about that so we can try and ID them.These appear to be the facts as they relate to your recent support inquiry. I can't help but express disappointment at your comments which are far less than accurate and which are intended to mislead.Steve,There is nothing at all misleading in my comments. I said three things in my email to this forum: 1) FSD emails to me have implied that I was less than honest about legitimate ownership of one or more of your products. That is a fact, and I can show you the latest email with all its offensive parts. 2) I will never again purchase an FSD product. That is my intention, clear and in no way misleading. 3) FSD International should rethink it's customer relations practices, perhaps finding someone else to respond to customer requests for help. That is my opinion, clear and in no way misleading. Furthermore, it seems to me a fundamental good-business policy for any company doing on-line marketing to go out of it's way to treat repeat customers with respect and courtesy, especially those who never ( I repeat, NEVER) have or would try to cheat them.You close your forum post with the claim that "These appear to be the facts." Well, they aren't! But that's a discussion we can spare the readers of this forum. Personnally, I have "no interest" in further communication with FSD International.Lincoln

Lincoln,If you have personal beefs with FSD, use emails or PM but don't use this forum to settle them.I want to add that FSD support is one of the best support for simmers, with friendly and serious people.Your criticism is nothing but a settling of (old) scores.I now lock this thread before it goes south.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.