Sign in to follow this  
Guest firefex

Bit Of Help If Possible Please

Guest firefex

Right,So I decided to install FS2004 again and when I went to change the display settings it won't really let me.fffgc0.jpgAny ideas???

Guest tappy
Right,So I decided to install FS2004 again and when I went to change the display settings it won't really let me.fffgc0.jpgAny ideas???
I suggest you check your graphics card, it looks to me like the programme has not detected your card? Check in your fs9.cfg file for your make of card, that will tell you if thats the case.Go to ....Documents and settings\Application Data\FS9DISPLAY.Devices.(what ever your cards make is) If its there then thats not your problem. Hope that helps you out. just my two cents.

Guest firefex
I suggest you check your graphics card, it looks to me like the programme has not detected your card? Check in your fs9.cfg file for your make of card, that will tell you if thats the case.Go to ....Documents and settings\Application Data\FS9DISPLAY.Devices.(what ever your cards make is) If its there then thats not your problem. Hope that helps you out. just my two cents.
It's there alright[DISPLAY.Device.RADEON X800 GTO]Mode=1680x1050x32Reinstalled and am still having the same problem. Very strange as it was working before I formatted a month ago

Hi There, Merry Christmas!This is only a guess but I thought I'd at least try to offer some help;-)You say you re-installed FS9...... was it a completely clean re-install? I understand that one needs to be careful not to leave "bits" of a previous install on the computer. This is particularly true for "Drivers" if you re-loaded those also!! Also did you also install the FS9 update at the same time? I'm not sure if it's the same as FSX but with that, one needs to be careful exactly how it is re-installed. Something about running it once before putting the updates on.Without more information as said this is all only an educated guess however, it looks to me as though something is actually missing from the install. Did the install go as expected whilst loading the program from the Discs?Have you tried the "Defaults" setting etc?Regards Blue

Guest firefex
Hi There, Merry Christmas!This is only a guess but I thought I'd at least try to offer some help;-)You say you re-installed FS9...... was it a completely clean re-install? I understand that one needs to be careful not to leave "bits" of a previous install on the computer. This is particularly true for "Drivers" if you re-loaded those also!! Also did you also install the FS9 update at the same time? I'm not sure if it's the same as FSX but with that, one needs to be careful exactly how it is re-installed. Something about running it once before putting the updates on.Without more information as said this is all only an educated guess however, it looks to me as though something is actually missing from the install. Did the install go as expected whilst loading the program from the Discs?Have you tried the "Defaults" setting etc?Regards Blue
Merry Christmas!Install went fine. Got rid of everything on first uninstall, didnt delete stuff from the registry though but I doubt there was anything there anyway even thought it might be worth a try! Default settings dont work very well. My buddy has another set of discs so I'm going to try that in 2 days! I'll just enjoy christmas and worry about it later!Thanks for the help, and any more replies will be greatfully accepted :(

Guest firefex

So someone said to reinstall my graphics drivers:With drivers new and old - still the sameWithout any drivers at all - still the sameOther games seem to work without any problem...Also reinstalled FS using a different CD - no luck either.... I'm lost