Sign in to follow this  
Guest dwaohio

Megasceneryearth Airport Problems

Guest dwaohio

I was flying out of Daytona Beach and the taxiways and runway texture disappeared. When I went to top view and zoomed out the texture returned. I tried other airports and have the same problems. I am using standard mesh? What could be the problem, I have other megascenery and don't have this problem as I do with megasceneryearth.

Guest firehawk44
I was flying out of Daytona Beach and the taxiways and runway texture disappeared. When I went to top view and zoomed out the texture returned. I tried other airports and have the same problems. I am using standard mesh? What could be the problem, I have other megascenery and don't have this problem as I do with megasceneryearth.
Lower the scenery mesh resolution slider to about 38m. Any higher than this and it will cause the earth to rise thereby making it look like you have dirt runways. I suspect MegaEarth made this change for you upon installation as it happened to me too and I returned the slider to the original position.Best regards,Jim

Lower the scenery mesh resolution slider to about 38m. Any higher than this and it will cause the earth to rise thereby making it look like you have dirt runways. I suspect MegaEarth made this change for you upon installation as it happened to me too and I returned the slider to the original position.Best regards,Jim
One thing I'd like to see-and it is a transition item.. airports do not appear as neon and easily identified as in fs-I'd love to see the mega/real runways start to replace the neon easy to find airports of fsx.I have already come across a few mega that didn't match with fsx-but the mega's look more real. Lets get rid of the easy to find, neon fs ones imho....

Guest firehawk44
One thing I'd like to see-and it is a transition item.. airports do not appear as neon and easily identified as in fs-I'd love to see the mega/real runways start to replace the neon easy to find airports of fsx.I have already come across a few mega that didn't match with fsx-but the mega's look more real. Lets get rid of the easy to find, neon fs ones imho....
I agree Geof. I have Chicago O'Hare from DreamScenery and it looks great with MegaEarth but I did have to move O'Hare to Priority 1 (above MegaEarth in the Scenery Library) as all the runways/taxiways disappeared. That fixed the problem. I believe commercial airports will have to be brought to the highest level whereas the default airports will have to be fixed with the slider as I mentioned above. Best regards,Jim

I just downloaded Megactiy Chicago, and on my first set up to depart O'Hare, looking down the runway all i saw was patches of green blurries and some patches of asphalt. Even when I wait to see if this loads, it never reverts back to a real runway. Same happens upon landing. I tried to set the mesh to 38m, but that did not help. Any other ideas? This is not going to be so great if you can't use the biggest airport in the region with these unsatisfactory effects. Thanks in advance for any help.

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Guest firehawk44
I just downloaded Megactiy Chicago, and on my first set up to depart O'Hare, looking down the runway all i saw was patches of green blurries and some patches of asphalt. Even when I wait to see if this loads, it never reverts back to a real runway. Same happens upon landing. I tried to set the mesh to 38m, but that did not help. Any other ideas? This is not going to be so great if you can't use the biggest airport in the region with these unsatisfactory effects. Thanks in advance for any help.
Do ou have the Chicago area Megascenery Earth installed too? If so, they just released a patch to fix all the airports. If that's not the case or the patch doesn't correct the problem, try moving Megacity Chicago below Megascenery Earth. Do you have the Chicago O'Hare Scenery from DreamScenery? If so, make sure the O'Hare scenery is higher than MegaCity Chicago AND Megascenery Earth.Best regards,Jim

Jim,Question, if you might know the answer. I just downloaded the airport patch...the one for everywhere except Utah. The installer wants me to tell it where my MegasceneryEarth installation folder is. Well...I don't have just ONE folder. I manually moved tiles to state-oriented folders so I could manage them better in the FSX Scenery Library. So I have a Colorado and a Washington folder for those individual state files, each with it's own Scenery and Texture folder under it.I'm really hesitant now to tell the airport patch installer anything as far as location for my installations. During the running of the patch installer, it "creates" what appears to be one temporary folder on my root C: drive, with a listing of what appears to be ALL the airport patches. If I point the installer to say my Colorado folder, I'm thinking it may install ALL the airport .bgl file patches for ALL the non-Utah airports into my Colorado folder. And possibly the same thing will happen when I point it to my Washington folder.The installer doesn't seem user-friendly for people who want to manage their scenery files in other than ONE main MegasceneryEarth folder.Before I run this thing, does anybody know if it will ONLY replace current files you have in a certain folder? Or is it going to install ALL those files (fixes) in ALL folders you point the installer to, resulting in duplicate files in multiple folders?Rick

Rick Ryan

Guest megaSceneryEarthDevelopers

We have just released a patch to correct this problem.Microsoft FSX running Service Pack 1 does not exhibit this problem.Microsoft FSX running Service Pack 2 and Acceleration DOES exhibit this problem.We have made a work-around which should be seamless to you when running FSX.You can download the patch here:http://www.megasceneryearth.com/store/file...LL-Patch001.zipPlease note that it changes a lot of files and depending on how many scenery areas you have it could take up to 30 minutes.A scenery update also exists for UTAH Package 016. If you have this scenery area this patch will add a lake and fix some elevation problems:http://www.megasceneryearth.com/store/file...AH-Patch001.zipPlease visit www.megasceneryearth.com for more details.

Oh yes, I must not have been clear as I forgot to mention that the product I was refering to was in fact megascenery earth - chicago city pack. Thanks to all, the patch worked like a charm, and the runways are back to normal. The scenery is fantastic as I live out in the west side of Elgin (Chicago West Suburb) and was actually able to zoom in on my house; truly amazing!

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot