Sign in to follow this  
lfishe

Why Not A Complex B777?

Does anyone have an idea why Level D, PMDG, or another company capable of modeling with their skills (I don't know of any) won't model the B777? My brother in-law is a triple 7 United Captain and has flown nearly everything over his many years and says that the B777 is the best plane he has ever flown, with tremendous performance. I would like to see for FS 9, a realistic, fully functioning FMC, complex modeled 777. I think there would be more interest in this plane then any other sim, with the only exception possibly being an Air Simmer or AirlinerXP Airbus, if one is ever produced. I know this has been dismissed before. I would just like to know where the idea comes from that it would not be a good seller and worth doing.Thanks,Lynn Fisher

Does anyone have an idea why Level D, PMDG, or another company capable of modeling with their skills (I don't know of any) won't model the B777? My brother in-law is a triple 7 United Captain and has flown nearly everything over his many years and says that the B777 is the best plane he has ever flown, with tremendous performance. I would like to see for FS 9, a realistic, fully functioning FMC, complex modeled 777. I think there would be more interest in this plane then any other sim, with the only exception possibly being an Air Simmer or AirlinerXP Airbus, if one is ever produced. I know this has been dismissed before. I would just like to know where the idea comes from that it would not be a good seller and worth doing.Thanks,Lynn Fisher
Wilco Publishing has a B777 in their "Modern Airliners" category. I don't own it, but I've never heard any gripes about it, and it's on my "Someday I'll get that one" list...Level D is working on a (please say it ain't so!) FSX-only 757, and PMDG is apparently (from posts they've made here) scaling down to work on smaller projects after completion of the FS9-compatible MD-11... which is why you probably won't see a trip-7 from either of those companies any time soon.

PSS did a 777 as well, IM sure you can still find it on CD or on download from Just Flight I think. Theres some reviews of that and the wilco 777 on the web as well. Avsim did a review of it. Have a look through search and see if you can find any more user reviews on it and also maybe someone will leave some feedback on this thread about it as well.http://www.avsim.com/pages/1205/777/777.htmCheers and Merry XmasCraig

The PSS 777 is pretty good with SP2 installed (but looks awful IMHO). If you hanker a 777 with a LVD/PMDG flvour (not quite as robust however) the PSS 777 is pretty good.Forget the Wilco 777, it's a waste of time and the POSKY 777 is way better and free. I do like the Wilco 737 so don't think I'm a Wilco hater or anything. :(

Before I lost my Mozilla Firefox links, I had one for a company producing modularized EFIS/FMC/Systems simulation for a 777 for cockpit builders for a reasonable low price (not like Project Magenta) intended to run on a separate computer, i.e. it's not integrated gauges or so but more like VAS FMC. Works with most 777 models and the developers help to adapt their software for a special model. Probably the only "real" 777 simulation around.Maybe someone has the link...Andreas

The PSS 777 is pretty good with SP2 installed (but looks awful IMHO).
That's why it's a good idea to merge the Posky model with the PSS panel. I'm using such a nerge with zero problems.Especially that the 300 version has just been released by Posky, so we have now w full collection of triple sevens.PSS is not Level-D or PMDG as it does not recreae 100% systems on board.But it does simulate most of them, has FMC and updatable AIRAC and I admit I enjoy flying it.I do not have the Wilco version but I don't think it's a good simulation.Best regards,Rafal

just to keep the disucssion correct -the wilco/feelThere 777 is a fleet aircraft. this means that, "Complexity of some procedures and/or equipment functionnalities may have been reduced to suit beginners and medium skilled simmers." (source: http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod_777).this 777 WAS NEVER DESIGNED to be a aircraft 'on par with' with other high-fidelity sims like PMDG's 737, MD11, 747; LD's 767; or feelThere's 737, CX or Embraer aircraft.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

I have the Pss 777 from Justflight.As has already been said it's not as robust as Pmdg or LevelD. Vnav has often some descent-rate oscillations and you better never make speed/altitude modifications in the FMC, if you do not want to end up with a freeze.But otherwise it's quite good with a very good VC , an electronic checklist and even a functionnig weather radar on the navigation display!I like it .Guy