I "fixed" this particular problem by installing the simconnect.msi from the 1a version of the SDK in parallel with the already installed version 2 simconnect client.The client computer was recently wiped clean and reinstalled (XP). It never had simconnect clients earlier than version 2 installed. Seems that either the version 2 installer is broken, or ASA (and ASX) depends on something that the earlier installers do to the system. ASA is still using the version 2 client, but much happier now that 1a is also on the system. Go figure.Tom

Same or similar problem here. FSX SP2, ASA running on a networked computer. Drives mapped as per the installation instructions and config files in all the right locations with correct content, I think. The AI SimConnect sample application works fine.Error message appears in a separate window when the green bar on the splash screen is almost all the way to the right. Message text is: "Simconnect Client SP2 Not Found. You must have FSX SP1 or SP2 SimConnect Client installed in order to use FSX mode with ASA. Please go to ...".After pressing "OK" to get rid of the error message ASA completes loading. Near the top of the output window is the text "SimConnect found and initialized", and a bit further down is "SimConnect SP2 instantiated!". ASA connects to FSX and (from the limited testing I've done) appears to work correctly.Tom
Yes this is the excact problem I having.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I "fixed" this particular problem by installing the simconnect.msi from the 1a version of the SDK in parallel with the already installed version 2 simconnect client.The client computer was recently wiped clean and reinstalled (XP). It never had simconnect clients earlier than version 2 installed. Seems that either the version 2 installer is broken, or ASA (and ASX) depends on something that the earlier installers do to the system. ASA is still using the version 2 client, but much happier now that 1a is also on the system. Go figure.Tom
Well I tried your suggestion by installing SP1A simconnect, it seems it solved my problem. Something is definatly broke using SP2 and ASA.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Well I tried your suggestion by installing SP1A simconnect, it seems it solved my problem. Something is definatly broke using SP2 and ASA.Bill M
Hi,More likely, it's a minor snag with ASA checking for SP1A AND SP2 - Instead, it should first check for SP2 and only complain, if neither of the two is found.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH