Sign in to follow this  

Key and button configs question

Hi all,Does anyone know if it's possible to create separate key/button configuration files for my aircraft?For example if I fly the Falcon 50 and press SHIFT+2 it bring up the radio panel, and on the PSS airbus the same combo brings up the IFR panel. Now, if I use FSUIPC to assign a joystick button to bring up the radio panel in the Falcon by sending SHIFT+2 keystroke, I cannot assign anything to that button when I'm using the Airbus, because then I'd had to reconfigure everytime I change aircrafts.I know that the A320PIC has a separate config file and it does not use any of the default controls. Can this be done on any other aircraft?

Guest RonB49

In answer to your specific question about a separate config file, such as that used by A320PIC, I know of no way to do that. You can however cause, for example, SHIFT+2 to display the radio panel on all aircraft.You would need to go into the Panel subfolder for the offending aircraft and rearrange the panel windows, assigning Window01 to the radio panel. It would be a hassel but it could be done. R-

If you have Pete Dowson's FSUIPC have a look at the last page of the 'FSUIPC for Advanced Users' document, Pete explains how to have diferent 'ini' files load in FS.So, for example, you could run FS, load the Falcon 50, create the button assignments in FSUIPC and save the settings.Close FS and rename the 'fs2002.cfg' file to say 'falcon.cfg' and do the same for the 'fsuipc.ini' file. DO THIS TO COPIES OF THE FILES SO YOU STILL HAVE THE ORIGINALS!.Add the {FSUICP} (square brackets) section to the renamed fs2002.cfg file and set 'ControlName=falcon' (or whatever name you give to the fsuipc.ini file)Now you need to change the desktop shortcut icon to load the correct files.Copy the existing desktop icon. Locate the shortcut path and change it toFS2002.exe /CFG:falcon.CFG From memory you need a space between 'exe' and '/', try it with and without to see which works.Rename the icon to 'Falcon' so you know which FS icon starts which configuration.Once you have done one the others become easy :-) and you could have a whole lot of FS icons for different aircraft.It does mean that you have to restart FS to change aircraft if they don't use the same buttons/keypresses as those loaded.Just remember to keep the original fs2002.cfg and fsuipc.ini files safe - just in case.HTH

I have done what you are trying to achieve but with my cockpit switches through my Hagstrom keyboard encoder. I have different encoder config files for different aircraft, as well as different key2mouse config files for each plane. This way I load the config for the encoder then start the sim, load the correct k2m config file for that plane and, When I throw the switch on my panel marked "Throttle Quad" the throttle quadrant opens, likewise when I hit the left engine magneto switch, depending on which plane I am in the same switch will activate a key2mouse command peculiar to that aircrafts panel and send the mouse to the correct spot and "click" the magneto to either on or off. Even without the Hagstrom encoder using key2mouse (which is freeware) you can achieve what you are trying to achieve. Just set up a mouseclick on the panel Icon to open the radio stack and assign it to a key, say "R" (for radio stack). Make a k2m config for each aircraft assigning the "R" key to the radio stack icon and then when you load the plane, load the corresponding k2m cfg file and then everytime you hit the "R" key the radio stack will open. Of course this only works with the 2D panel. If you fly in the VC this won't work, then you have to try the FSUIPC multiple FS cfg files.http://www.ktone.org/images/FSD_ken.jpg

Thank you very much, this sounds like exactly what I was looking for!One question though, if I use this system, do I have to map all my controls via FSUIPC, and what happens to the default FS2002 control keys? At the moment I am using a combination of the default controls and some special functions assigned via FSUIPC.

>...if I use this system, do I have to map all my controls via FSUIPC...

Thank you so much, works like a charm! This has really opened new possibilities for configuring the sim for my favourite airplanes. Not only can I map the keys as I want, but also make separate sound and display profiles!Thanks once again!Brgds,-jet1