Sign in to follow this  
Guest XQ-NUE

Question Regarding Ifr And Default Atc

Guest XQ-NUE

Hi,When flying IFR you need to load a fllightplam. If you do not load a flightplan the ATC thinks you are flying VFR and so you get no Take Off cleareance during bad weather. As I updatet my Navdatas with the newest AIRAC Cycles the default flight planner in which I create a flight is not up to date anymore because many Navadatas are not working anymore. So, how can I fly IFR with ATC without using the FS9 Flightplanner??????Thanks for help!

if you update your FMC/MCDU addons with real-world up-to-date data this is what happens. FS is static (about mid-2003 i believe) and no commerical update to the 'FS AIRAC' is available. some freeware files have been created. if you look in the forum enough some have discussed how you can create new data files.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Easy solution, create your IFR flight plan only airport to airport with your cruise altitude.

Use a third party flight planner that exports to FS and your FMC formats. That way both FS ATC and your FMC should agree on waypoints as long as you import the plan into your FMC which then excludes the FMC database.I use the payware FSBuild (which at their site frequently has AIRAC updates available for its databases at no charge - www.fsbuild.com) which exports in many formats.There is a freeware planner that exports in some proprietary formats as well. Someone else might know which one.

Easy solution, create your IFR flight plan only airport to airport with your cruise altitude.
The only trouble with this is that a lot of routes, especially the longer ones, are not straight line and you will be hearing ATC constantly vectoring you back to the straight-line course.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

The only trouble with this is that a lot of routes, especially the longer ones, are not straight line and you will be hearing ATC constantly vectoring you back to the straight-line course.
Yes but only if you recontact ATC after the second or third handoff :( . If you don't, you can do it just before your descent or better about 70NM from your destination. Once you're cleared to approach the active runway you can select one of the transitions according to your STAR. If not always for most large airports there will be at least one (VOR transitions have a better chance) despite the Airac database difference. If of course the original poster wants to stay in contact with ATC all along the route then you're right this is not the best way. :( Happy new year to all!!