Sign in to follow this  

Taxi speed of A.I. to clear runways and reduce 'go-a-ro

I found that if you use the Taxi Speed applet to set your A.I. taxi speed at between 20-22, then you pretty much have the landing traffic clear the runway after being given the instructions to take the next high-speed taxi-way.It works now quite well.I had it set to as high as 25 knots but the taxi speed seemed unrealistic at that rate. Yes, yes...you should not go over 17 knots in a real life taxi..but....you want go-rounds, or not, LOL!Cheers!Mitch R.

Nope, only run it to change the speed of the A.I's to your satisfaction. You would change the speed of course before you loaded FS the next time. I played around from 17 to 25 knots and found 21 to be the best to clear landing traffic from the active, as well as not have them rock 'n roll via taxi to the threshold.Having since found the sweet spot of 21 Knots, I get good loadup for take-off and the landing traffic clears the runway in about 50 seconds.My 'go around's' are next to nil now.Whew!Cheers!Mitch R.

Guest oliverrichter

Where could I find the util?I have many problems at Heathrow to get the traffic flow. With 8 overlays it's no wonder....One of the guys from EDDP (:-D

I can't remember what site I got it from. So, if leave me your email address, I'll just send it to you directly. It's a short little piff of an applet. It has two windows, that shows you what the A.I. is set for, and you use the other window to input what you want it changed to, and then you see that change reflected in the top window. Then next time you fire up 2002, the A.I. are running with the new change.I'll also try uploading it to AVSIM after I end off here.As the pig said, "whadawhadawhadathatsallfolks"....lol.Cheers!Mitch R.

I just uploaded a zip file called: TaxiSpeed.zip to AVSIM.Cheers!Mitch R.