Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

Blurries - My Spcs & Config

Just looking for some extra advice on curing my blurries with Photo Textures.TimDXDIAG-------------------System Information------------------Time of this report: 12/25/2008, 10:56:51 Machine name: HOME-PC Operating System: Windows Vista

I'm not into photo textures, so I can't address that. But, I would begin to analyze with the following settings:Aniscopic filtering on and verify that it's also on in the NVidia control panel.Lock framerate at 20-24.Mesh resolution 10m or less.Texture resolution 1m or less.Water effects High 1.x or less.Scenery complexity dense or less.Autogen density Dense or less.No AI traffic, air, land or sea.Fly with clear skies, unlimited visibility, in a low density area.If there are no blurries, add in features a little at a time. If there are still blurries, post a screenshot.

Art

Two things right off are the Texture_Bandwidth_Mltiplier and LOD_Radius which are both low. However, if you are flying a fast mover (F-16 or similar) you are going to see blurries.If you are flying a Cessna and see blurries you can try setting TBM to 120 and LR to 6.5. No one persons configuration is going to work for everyone, so some tweaking is inevitable.If, the settings I suggested don't work, then I would start by downloading the FSXMark07 benchmarker from AVSIM and experiment with different values of each. Start with TBM set to 40 and then increment LR from 3.5 to 9.5 in increments of 0.05, until you arrive at a result you can live with. My system is similar to yours and my recommendation is what I settled upon.

On first sight i would say your traffic settings are way too high for a 2.4 GHz CPU. How does it run when you disable all traffic ?Heiko

On first sight i would say your traffic settings are way too high for a 2.4 GHz CPU. How does it run when you disable all traffic ?Heiko
Yea, I'd agree with this sentiment. What's the goal here? Is the goal of the settings the fast loading of phototextures ... or traffic? Weather settings, specifically cloud draw distance, look high also.But ... having said all that, the described system is never going to process photo ground textures adequately in any aircraft flying faster than the Trike, I'd predict, owing to the complexity of that task.My 2c.

Guest troyboy66

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30Try changing the value on this line to 400Troy

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30Try changing the value on this line to 400Troy
400 is WAY too high, it will make your graphics card slog to just load up the textures. Try 70-80, that's usually the optimum.Your traffic is pretty high too, try lowering Airline traffic...should be no more than 60% from my own experiences. Ground traffic shouldn't exceed 20%.Your LOD radius is lower than usual, try raising it to 4.5 or 5.That's all I can think of right now, if I think of more I'll let you know. Good luck!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

open your fsx.cfg hiden file and under [TERRAIN] add this line: SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=20 .... after that try to set your LOD_RADIUS a bit higher then 6.500000. If you have 6 GB Ram, you could set this up to 9.500000 or 10.500000 maybe..........well... :( ...i hope this will help you out somehow....If you like more info go to : www.simtips.com

open your fsx.cfg hiden file and under [TERRAIN] add this line: SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=20 .... after that try to set your LOD_RADIUS a bit higher then 6.500000. If you have 6 GB Ram, you could set this up to 9.500000 or 10.500000 maybe..........well... :( ...i hope this will help you out somehow....If you like more info go to : www.simtips.com
The first suggestion to lock your FPS will probably have the most impact TBH. You are asking your system to work way too hard and it can't keep up...Just my .02,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg