Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dreamflyer

Which Birthday Plane Should I Get? Dakota Or Bush Hawk

Guest Dreamflyer

I am going to buy myself a new plane for my birthday! I have Reality-XPs Garmin 430 which I love and I am trying to figure out if I would like Dreamfleet's Dakota or the Aerosoft Bush Hawk. Any comments on these planes would be appreciated.ThanksDreamflyer

Guest dougwells

The Dreamfleet Dakota is a PURE JOY to fly. Everything works PERFECTLY. One of my favorite planes. I have not flown the Bush Hawk.

Guest Alphahawk3
I am going to buy myself a new plane for my birthday! I have Reality-XPs Garmin 430 which I love and I am trying to figure out if I would like Dreamfleet's Dakota or the Aerosoft Bush Hawk. Any comments on these planes would be appreciated.ThanksDreamflyer
I just purchased the Bush Hawk. I had read the reviews that some people had an issue with FPS so they put out a patch that supposedly fixed it. I have a new i7 920 PC and was getting 6 to 30 FPS with the Bush Hawk....stutters bad with the plane. I tried their patch and still the same. Posted at the Aerosoft forum and last I checked only had one reply...oh and if anyone from Aerosoft is reading will reply to my post there when finished here. I just did not believe that plane would do that on my system so I dumped my FSX.cfg file and started over. Problem solved! Boy do I love that plane! You get about a dozen or more planes...heck I haven't had time to count but it is probably more than that plus the missions and assisted flights. When you get into the cold and in and out of clouds the windshield will freeze up if you don't turn on the defrost and heat. The controls get sluggish and you have to shake the controls to rid the control surface of ice..I did not notice ice on the surfaces though...only on the windshield. I wanted a bush plane and this is a great one. It is expensive...in my opinion....but it is worth it. But be prepared that if you set realism to max you better know how to fly that plane....LOL. My new yoke is on the way so I will have better control than this crappy joystick. Just curious but the Dakota and Bush Hawk are two completely types of aircraft....are you just trying to figure out which one you want? I had the Dreamfleet A36 for FS2004 with the Reality Radar.....it was great....but they never did an upgrade...that I know of....for FSX. Regards

Guest Dreamflyer

Thanks for the opinions guys. I love Bush flying so the Bush Hawk sounds great. But I also heard a lot of good things about the Dakota. I am going to use the planes with Cargo Pilot which I have been planning to begin to add some purpose to my flying. They both haul about the same amount with full fuel. Any ideas from anyone which would be a better freight hauler?Dreamflyer Over.

Guest Alphahawk3
Thanks for the opinions guys. I love Bush flying so the Bush Hawk sounds great. But I also heard a lot of good things about the Dakota. I am going to use the planes with Cargo Pilot which I have been planning to begin to add some purpose to my flying. They both haul about the same amount with full fuel. Any ideas from anyone which would be a better freight hauler?Dreamflyer Over.
I may be wrong but the Bush Hawk will carry much more freight...that is basically what it was designed to do...in rough country....shorter take off and landing....haul some passengers, and can fly much slower than the Dakota. Someone else may need to chime in here but to me they are two totally different types of planes. I know we are all on a budget....but I just also bought the American Champion Aircraft - Scout / Citabria / Decathalon from Flight1...a great package....but a smaller plane than the Bush Hawk and the Dakota.....but a lot of fun.....plus a great product. Regards

I bought both, but deleted both. I refunded the Dakota because I could. I got a million CTD's with it because of its use of the old 16 bit Garmin Trainer. Evidently it doesn't like Vista much. The new 32 bit GNS430WAAS from RXP works great though. I had the Bushhawk installed for about 5 minutes until I loaded it up and saw I couldn't get more than 15-20 fps in the VC. Terrible compared to the 30-35 I can get with much more complex aircraft. Many people didn't have the FPS hit that I had though...I'd say get something else, unless you have windows XP. Then get the Dakota.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png