Sign in to follow this  
scoob

Loss Of Yoke Effectiveness

a friend is an FSXer and here is an issue i'm not able to figure out ...when he loads a saved flight he has little to no ability to control the aircraft flight surfaces. if he 'recalibrates' the yoke using FSX still nothing .. but, if he 'recalibrates' using FSX, exits the flight, and then reloads he has full control once again. if he creats a 'new' flight he has full effectiveness ... but if this flight is saved and loaded yoke control is 'lost'.this is with default FSX aircraft (he has no addon aircraft, scenery, etc). i've already had him remove the fsx.cfg. he has done no 'hacks' to the cfg; adjustments only using FSX's sliders.system info -

• FSXsp2
  • winXPsp3

--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

a friend is an FSXer and here is an issue i'm not able to figure out ...when he loads a saved flight he has little to no ability to control the aircraft flight surfaces. if he 'recalibrates' the yoke using FSX still nothing .. but, if he 'recalibrates' using FSX, exits the flight, and then reloads he has full control once again. if he creats a 'new' flight he has full effectiveness ... but if this flight is saved and loaded yoke control is 'lost'.this is with default FSX aircraft (he has no addon aircraft, scenery, etc). i've already had him remove the fsx.cfg. he has done no 'hacks' to the cfg; adjustments only using FSX's sliders.system info -
  • FSXsp2
  • winXPsp3

--

Maybe his autopilot is active? Ask him to push "z" on his keyboard and see if that fixes the problem. I had the same problem last night when I couldn't work out why the F-18 wasn't responding very well, I must have accidentally started the autopilot somehow

Maybe his autopilot is active?
that was my first guess when he described the issue. i'm at his place so i've seen this first-hand and autopilot is off.the yoke 'works' ... but, instead of having 100% movement of the aircraft flight control surfaces you get <10%.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/