Correct, Mike!Yes, that icon acts the same way, but you need to click on it after generating a plan.Thanks,

I would still like to know if there is anyway ASG could be patched to read the metar from ASA? That would save me from having to load AS6.5 just to load my current flight textures. I am stuck on this since I believe that ASG "wx-influenced" process gives me an insane amount of texture combinations from what came with the package vs the 20 or so I create for ASA. Besides, I also have a small issue with wasting HD space making copies of textures I already own in order to get a lesser capability. I am not asking for anything to change in ASA, I understand the concept and think it is a wise choice for the masses. Since ASG is my texture program of choice, I'd just like to retain the full features of it while using it along with ASA.

I would still like to know if there is anyway ASG could be patched to read the metar from ASA? That would save me from having to load AS6.5 just to load my current flight textures. I am stuck on this since I believe that ASG "wx-influenced" process gives me an insane amount of texture combinations from what came with the package vs the 20 or so I create for ASA. Besides, I also have a small issue with wasting HD space making copies of textures I already own in order to get a lesser capability. I am not asking for anything to change in ASA, I understand the concept and think it is a wise choice for the masses. Since ASG is my texture program of choice, I'd just like to retain the full features of it while using it along with ASA.
Have just bought ASA. I hope the above questions will be addressed somehow in New 2009 Year.Thanks,Dirk.

Hi All,Not sure what questions need to be addressed in 2009!Right now ASA is programmed to use Snapshots both with FS04 and FSX and this is the direction that ASA will continue to go in 2009! What we have done is allow ASA to automatically take ASG Snapshots for ASG owners. Each snapshot takes less than a minute to compile and is pulling textures directly from ASG. We are not going back and say OK, ASA process this flightplan, start ASG, and install textures right now. That is what ASv6.5 does, but not ASA. What the Snapshot system does is allow users to use ANY 3rd party texture program and save those texture combinations to a Snapshot, but we add some automatic integration with ASG.We hope that users will try these things out and give the Snapshot system a chance.Thanks!

Hi All,Not sure what questions need to be addressed in 2009!Right now ASA is programmed to use Snapshots both with FS04 and FSX and this is the direction that ASA will continue to go in 2009! What we have done is allow ASA to automatically take ASG Snapshots for ASG owners. Each snapshot takes less than a minute to compile and is pulling textures directly from ASG. We are not going back and say OK, ASA process this flightplan, start ASG, and install textures right now. That is what ASv6.5 does, but not ASA. What the Snapshot system does is allow users to use ANY 3rd party texture program and save those texture combinations to a Snapshot, but we add some automatic integration with ASG.We hope that users will try these things out and give the Snapshot system a chance.Thanks!
Ok, got it, even though I keep trying to say that I'm not asking anything about ASA. I'm only asking about retaining the full auto "WX-influenced" function of ASG without using AS6.5. I will concede the action you describe above is exactly what I want to be able to do in order to get the unlimited combinations of ASG . :(

Guest awsparx

hi allwhen generating snapshots using extended intergration and xgraphics should i be seeing the xgraphics program launch..currently been sitting about an hour looking at a pop up saying processing your sets please wait this will take approx 40 minutes and no external programs are launching or shown in task manager..Im using vista 64 with the user access control enabled would this make a difference or is it correct that i should not be seeing xgraphics launch as sets are generated ?.thanks in advance.. Mike..Edit > lost paitence and closed program down..restarted and tried again and this time it loads xgraphics and generates each set with vista asking for permission to start, havent a clue why it didnt do this the first time round but its answered my own question hope it helps someone else reading this...

Guest christopherbarbas

Hallo again Happy New Year 2009I am reading and reading and reading but no one answers a simple question that I shoot above.The question is, why I must install ASA, do so much, importing a flight plan and more.Why the new advanced application cannot provide an "as real as it gets weather" for my on line flights with a simple click.Or in the other hand, why the support team does not provides a guide to do that, with the combination of AS v6.5 and ASA usage, Ground environment, Flight environment and so on.And please, I do not have anything about the application, because you are just thinking off, just wont to understand and use the application correct!Thanks in advance

Hi,1. What is "do so much"?2. You import a flight for Online flights so ASA knows what your departing and destination locations are.3. There is a huge user guide for ASA.4. There is no combination usage of ASv6.5 and ASA. You use one or the other, not both unless you mean Active Sky Graphics. The manual also talks about how to use GEP and FE.Thanks,