Sign in to follow this  
Guest rmce

What Plane(?) To Have

Guest rmce

Hi All,I have been away from the forum for some time, mostly due to illness, but have returned to FsFx, picking up where I left off. (Have had an airbus parked at Beijing for over a year...the charges will be enormous! Lol) Plus this forum has really changed!I use the default 737 and Airbus with active Sky, and have never really had any issues with FsFx and my rig.I would like to buy/download the best 737 and airbus packages that are around, so that I increase my expertise back to the days where we had the Dreamscape(?) 737, or Eric Cantus excellent models that exist in Fs9. When I started from cold and dark.I like detailed aircraft in cockpits, wing views, passenger cabins etc, and mainly use 2D panels.I am happy to buy what's recommended and of course happy to download freeware aircraft that fit the bill.Many thanks,All advice gratefull received.rmceScotland

Hi All,I have been away from the forum for some time, mostly due to illness, but have returned to FsFx, picking up where I left off. (Have had an airbus parked at Beijing for over a year...the charges will be enormous! Lol) Plus this forum has really changed!I use the default 737 and Airbus with active Sky, and have never really had any issues with FsFx and my rig.I would like to buy/download the best 737 and airbus packages that are around, so that I increase my expertise back to the days where we had the Dreamscape(?) 737, or Eric Cantus excellent models that exist in Fs9. When I started from cold and dark.I like detailed aircraft in cockpits, wing views, passenger cabins etc, and mainly use 2D panels.I am happy to buy what's recommended and of course happy to download freeware aircraft that fit the bill.Many thanks,All advice gratefull received.rmceScotland
737: Wait for the new PMDG version for FSX or go with the one from Wilco.Airbus: Wait for AirSimmer or go with the one from Wilco.(A lot of people have dumped on the Wilco feelThere airbus, but for your typical punter it's more than fine).Hope that helps,

Welcome back. That you're back is what's really important. I agree with the recommendations of others. If your interests go beyond the 737 and A32x, check out the Level-D B767 and/or the PMDG B747. Those two can satisfy your hunger for procedure. Have funDave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Guest rmce

Thanks!These recommendations are comparatively new to me, so thanks.I am happy to look at all commercial modern jets, and looked at Captain Sims 757, certainly has the eye candy including toilets?I do realise its a game of many trade offs, scenery, aircraft modelling, weather etc.With my Dual Core 2.66 I am happy with my frame rate and settings, being towards the Max and default aircraft working fine, within the limits of what they can do.Some years ago I had issues with the PMDG stuff, in that for me, it was nearly unplayable, pushing Frame rates down to 4 or 5fps, whereas the Dreamscape could happily deal with 15fps, in its 737.So, happy to look at Wilco, and other things to come in the near future.Many thanks.

Guest rmce
Welcome back. That you're back is what's really important. I agree with the recommendations of others. If your interests go beyond the 737 and A32x, check out the Level-D B767 and/or the PMDG B747. Those two can satisfy your hunger for procedure. Have funDave Vega
I see that there has been an expansion or some thing to FsFx from Aces, is this a requirement for these new (to me!) aircraft? Many a time in the past I have fixed a working sim, with a'fix' that broke it!Regards,

Hello, I would recommend the Wilco/Feel There 737pic I just love that plane. Project Open Sky has great aircraft as well but you'll need to use the default panel. LDS and PMDG but you need to make sure you have some power to run them without issues. I'm looking forward to the Quality Wings 757s they are looking like my next favorite aircraft. Or you can check out the Cessna Mustang great jet and fun to fly...Just my 2 cents hope every one is doing well....

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Guest rmce

Many thanks to respondents for advice offered.Your advice to buy the Wilco 737 has been followed, and I now look at a nice 737 panel thats all cold and dark.Now I thought I would remember how to start a 737, you know, twiddle the thingy, turn the whatsit, hit the wheelie thing and shout a lot.Sadly this knowledge has left me, and CTRL+E does not work (yet) soI am looking at the manual. Unheard of, I here people cry!I also got the expansion pack at

Hey Good choice in aircraft not sure you are aware of the their forums but here is the link... http://forum.iemit.com/Quick run to start the 737, Bat switch onAPU GENMake sure you have fuel in all tanks and fuel switch are on. APU bleed in on and packs are switched to autoNow hold APU switch to start for one to two seconds then let go.You should see the APU start to come alive. As soon as it hits 7 to 8 on the EGT you should see a blue light meaning its ready to take over and click both BUS switches. If this does not help send me a message I will walk you through it via IM, email, or phone if need be...

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Here is a good HTML checklist http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:Rtgh3...;cd=9&gl=usI also recommend CALL for 737PIC by Wilco and Feel There.... What windows version are you running? And if you are running vista, make sure you install using admin rights on everything... plus there is some additional information on their old forums.http://www.iemit.com/forum/Again see if that helps good luck and feel free to contact me if you need more help... Take Care,Will

5Take Care, Will Clark

Guest rmce

Will,Many thanks.I forgot 'kicking the tyres'!Your checklist looks a lot less foreboding than the manual. Indeed, I probably will ask for more help about starting the engines, but I seem to have developed a problem in getting the Expansion pack to allow itself to be registered, so sim is crashing after 30 mins. As I said earlier, how to break a perfect sim, add an improvement! What exactly is Call?I changed aircraft from default 737 to Wilco in mid flight, so I could see how 737 PIC responds , and indeed the flight model looks a lot more accurate, with A/P realistic.On first glance it is far more advanced than the Dreamscape 737 I had for ages. Before I was incapacitated I had Eric Cantus 737, Active Sky, and Fs Passengers, as my sim stuff, so it is nice to see the switches come alive again, albeit many many more switches and knobs than my earlier 737's.Again, many thanks,Rmce Scotland

Anytime, Make sure you look at both forums they have a lot of information and it will all help out... CALL for PIC737 is like having a co-pilot, he will run through the check list with you and it helps figure everything out... Plus you can add your own sounds if you want. After a certain function is completed example Co-pilot will call out "altimeters" normally it would say "set and checked". I might have a custom cabin pa announcement. Hope everything gets ironed out and as soon as Feelthere/Wilco and scoob gets back from Vacation they are very good at providing help....

5Take Care, Will Clark

Guest rmce
Anytime, Make sure you look at both forums they have a lot of information and it will all help out... CALL for PIC737 is like having a co-pilot, he will run through the check list with you and it helps figure everything out... Plus you can add your own sounds if you want. After a certain function is completed example Co-pilot will call out "altimeters" normally it would say "set and checked". I might have a custom cabin pa announcement. Hope everything gets ironed out and as soon as Feelthere/Wilco and scoob gets back from Vacation they are very good at providing help....
Will,Indeed.I saw your name on one of the 737 forums, which I have joined. There was another easy to start explanation, plus a checklist that was obviously real world. If half of this checklist applies to 737 PIC, it really in an amazing sim aircraft. (I have a sinking suspicion well over half appies!(lol))The Call idea is great, I suppose I could buy that, or is it freeware? However, I am, and always have been, with my Fs sim, a stickler for details that keep the plane in the air! So, for me its short flights under 3-4 hours I fly, often in real time, hence the amazing 737.I will re purchase Fs Passengers for Fsx as I found that, with Active Sky, the best add on ever for Fs. I am concerned therefore, that I would have a conflict between Call and Co-Pilot of Passengers. Two nagging first officers plus a cup of coffee hostess. Bedlam on the flight deck, I suppose it is like that!My own real world pilot experience was years ago with 14 training flights in a Cessna, until money ran out, then onto Sailplanes for about 12 lessons, so very much a sim armchair pilot. Business has brought many flights as a passenger, along with regular vacation trips to USA including LA and San Diego. This is where I annoy friends and family with my chatter about what is happening on our real world flight. They have promised me an early exit at 35K unless I shut up! I am just trying to help! Many thanks for your replies, I shall find the elastic band needed to start the 737. If no luck today I shall be asking agian!rmceScotland

Guest rmce

737 engine start.Ok got that now. No idea how, but I am starting the engines from cold and dark. Bat-APU-Packs Off-APU Bleed on--Fuel pumps on-Gnd basically.See? Easy Peasy!Now for the FMC......How the *&*&* I have the manual, doing it all has asked, but errors all over, like flight plan not loaded. I am putting it in, Honest! Activating, etc as well! Can FMC settings be saved? Is there an idiots guide? Can FMC be ignored for manual A/P inputs?A/P How do you switch it on?I realise its above 1000ft, without big stick movements, but I cannot preset it, or get it with ''key'.Is there a secret? If so enlighten me someone please!I am making progress, I am starting engine, taxiing, taking off and manually 'flying aircraft' with my Evo stick. Once again, all advice, help very gratefully apprciated.rmceScotland

Guest rmce
Thanks for help,.Happy New Year from Scotland, have a wee Glenlivet on me!rmce