Sign in to follow this  
Guest troyboy66

Vhhx And Vhhk

Guest troyboy66

Does anyone know the difference between the two airports. VHHK and VHHX? It appears they are both same airports, while VHHH is the newest..I think.I've been trying to figure out which is which for sometime now and find a way for Feelthere aircraft and PMDG aircarft to recognize it.Lastnight I created a flightplan using MS flightplanner for FSX from VHHX-RJAA created successfullyWent to Wilco A380 typed in VHHX/RJAA on line RSK1 on the FMC, like I would any pln..' error: Not in Database.'I the tried VHHK-RJAASuccess...however, I was unable to align the airport.To complete the FMC process, I successfully imported VHHX-RJAA, and shortly after was able to align using VHHK-RJAA even though the departure is different from what I entered on line RSK1. BTW...I'm using AIRAC 812 and have tried with FSbuild and FS Commander...Neither recognized VHHX but I beleive does recognized VHHK. Incidently, I also have Flytampa Hong Kongs New release (VHHX).I'm going nuts here and it seems alot of people are having issues with certain aircraft companies recognizing one or both of the airports mentioned above. Any thoughts?Thanks for your responseTroy

Does anyone know the difference between the two airports. VHHK and VHHX? It appears they are both same airports, while VHHH is the newest..I think.I've been trying to figure out which is which for sometime now and find a way for Feelthere aircraft and PMDG aircarft to recognize it.Lastnight I created a flightplan using MS flightplanner for FSX from VHHX-RJAA created successfullyWent to Wilco A380 typed in VHHX/RJAA on line RSK1 on the FMC, like I would any pln..' error: Not in Database.'I the tried VHHK-RJAASuccess...however, I was unable to align the airport.To complete the FMC process, I successfully imported VHHX-RJAA, and shortly after was able to align using VHHK-RJAA even though the departure is different from what I entered on line RSK1. BTW...I'm using AIRAC 812 and have tried with FSbuild and FS Commander...Neither recognized VHHX but I beleive does recognized VHHK. Incidently, I also have Flytampa Hong Kongs New release (VHHX).I'm going nuts here and it seems alot of people are having issues with certain aircraft companies recognizing one or both of the airports mentioned above. Any thoughts?Thanks for your responseTroy
Ok,I will give it a try ... the names changes a few times! and i am really not much into its history.But this may help.VHHK = Original, Hong Kong airport, Kai Tak (one runway).Note: 1995-1998 approach plates show it as VHHH (IACO).It closed down.New Hong Kong airport opened at new location (four runways).VHHH = Honk Knog airport, Chek Lap Kok.Flight simmers really misses the old original airport and great approach!Scenery designers got it back = VHHX (one runway).To use VHHX with payware aircraft you must add VHHX data tothat payware's AIRAC files ... their forums will help you oryour scenery designer will.You may have to do a little "custom" work for SIDs/STARs for your payware aircraft.FSbuild VHKG = VHHX

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest troyboy66
Ok,I will give it a try ... the names changes a few times! and i am really not much into its history.But this may help.VHHK = Original, Hong Kong airport, Kai Tak (one runway).Note: 1995-1998 approach plates show it as VHHH (IACO).It closed down.New Hong Kong airport opened at new location (four runways).VHHH = Honk Knog airport, Chek Lap Kok.Flight simmers really misses the old original airport and great approach!Scenery designers got it back = VHHX (one runway).To use VHHX with payware aircraft you must add VHHX data tothat payware's AIRAC files ... their forums will help you oryour scenery designer will.You may have to do a little "custom" work for SIDs/STARs for your payware aircraft.FSbuild VHKG = VHHX
Vonmar,Thank you very much....This is exactly what I was looking for. Its interesting that FSbuild see's it as VHKG. I bet PMDG has no clue what this IAOC is. Wilco too for that matter. Will work on it as soon as I'm home.Thanks again for your helpTroy