Sign in to follow this  
Daveo

How Do I Remove A Tree From A Runway. Fsx

I took a flight to Gaza Intl LVGZ today. Upon approach I saw 2 trees and half a house at the last minute which I guess clipped my landing gear with Fspassengers and I crashed.How do I take those trees out and move the house over. I tried opening with ADE and didnt see anything and also instant scenery and couldnt access them.I was thinking of opening the stock airport with ADE and just resave it and throwing it in the addon scenery folder. ??

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

If you are using ADE while running FSX, open the airport and in ADE connect to FSX so that the red airplane symbol appears. Go back into FSX and enter slew mode (Y key) and move your plane to the offending area. Go back into ADE and choose the polygon tool and click out a polygon to match the offending area within FSX. You may be switching back and forth from ADE to FSX a few times to get the boundaries needed for the polygon. At your last polygon point in ADE double-click and in the window that pops up select Airport Background | Exclude Autogen. Hit OK. Save file and then File | Compile. Depending where you save, there may be two or possibly three files created. The IMPORTANT file is the one with the "cvx" in the name, as that's the one with the autogen exclusion. Copy and paste that into an active scenery folder. Go and marvel at your's succes as a scenery designer.All of this is covered in the ADE user manual and release notes.

I was thinking of opening the stock airport with ADE and just resave it and throwing it in the addon scenery folder. ??
That would not be sufficient, you need to create a new airport background in ADE to exclude the autogen.Having said that, you must have been very low and off the centre-line.lvgzfg6.jpgGeorge

That would not be sufficient, you need to create a new airport background in ADE to exclude the autogen.Having said that, you must have been very low and off the centre-line.lvgzfg6.jpgGeorge
No I wasn't the bad. I was on approach to Rwy 1. This shot was in slew mode so I could see what was there after the fact, not the actual approach.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

You've add something that has altered the area around and including the airport, if you're seeing objects on the runway. Good luck on finding the offending file.

No I wasn't the bad. I was on approach to Rwy 1. This shot was in slew mode so I could see what was there after the fact, not the actual approach.
You definitely have an addon airport which also includes an exclusion polygon for the default and no replacement airport background.This is the default at the same position:lvgz2ja4.jpgGeorge

If you are using ADE while running FSX, open the airport and in ADE connect to FSX so that the red airplane symbol appears. Go back into FSX and enter slew mode (Y key) and move your plane to the offending area. Go back into ADE and choose the polygon tool and click out a polygon to match the offending area within FSX. You may be switching back and forth from ADE to FSX a few times to get the boundaries needed for the polygon. At your last polygon point in ADE double-click and in the window that pops up select Airport Background | Exclude Autogen. Hit OK. Save file and then File | Compile. Depending where you save, there may be two or possibly three files created. The IMPORTANT file is the one with the "cvx" in the name, as that's the one with the autogen exclusion. Copy and paste that into an active scenery folder. Go and marvel at your's succes as a scenery designer.All of this is covered in the ADE user manual and release notes.
Thank You for your help. I had installed the Israeli landclass package some time ago so I narrowed it down to the landclass folder. Its got 4 different folders. I disabled that one and some of the trees disappeared but buildings were still there. I reactivated and did a landscape job with the backround exclusion. They all looked looked autogen trees and buildings, nothing custom so that did the trick. I checked out google earth and added a few more buildings while I was there but I didn't add the blown up parts of whats left of the runway.Thanks again and Happy New YearDave

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png