Sign in to follow this  
Guest schwudde

Installation Count

Guest schwudde

Just one question about the ASA License Terms: i've installed ASA on my main FSX-machin (which is the first installation). Now i'll try a networked configuration so i've to setup ASA on my Laptop which will be installation number 2. So one last installation on another PC left. Maybe the laptop might be too slow to handle ASA (of course it fits the sys-requirements) and i decide to install ASA on a third PC at home. Then all 3 "moves" are complete. If i change my current Hardware on the main FSX-machine then this machine might be appear as a new PC and i'll be unable to install ASA again?Please note that this post isn't critic on the HiFi Sim anti-piracy. It's just a question what options we have if under any circumstances the 3-machine Limit is reached.Best regards

Hi,Not sure where you read about the 3 machine information.But for Online Mode the license does state:"Online features including weather data downloads require singular use on a single PC. Verification of valid license status is performed at each online feature process."So, you can have multiple installs, but only one can be using Online Mode, the others would always be used in Offline mode.

Guest schwudde

Jim,thanks for your reply. What i mean is the ASA product-activation. Here is a quota from the "HOW_TO_INSTALL.txt" were i found the 3 computer limitation.

NOTE: You must have a valid key issued during your software purchase, which will be asked for when ASA runs for the first time. The key entered must be associated with a valid purchase record, and an automatic online activation as well as persistent online login verification will be performed in order to prevent piracy. DO NOT SHARE YOUR Key! Your key usage is logged and any use of ASA from another computer using the same key will de-activate your activation. You can move ASA to another computer up to 3 times.
Best regards