Sign in to follow this  
Guest gordonrd45

Asa Crashes Radar Contact

Hi Jim, Damien, JD, et al;I am noticing this now as well. With both ASA (355) and RC4 running on my wideclient, RC becomes very unresponsive during the approach and landing phase. I made sure ASA was running with 'High Priority' unchecked. I don't ever recall this issue with ASX, or even possibily ASA v1. Durning the landing phase, RC was taking 10 to 15 seconds to respond to a key-command and several times it had issued the 'cleared to land' guidance while I'm crossing the threashold, 50ft before touchdown.What I find interesting is that RC is using WideFS and ASA is using Simconnect, but I swear, its as if ASA starts clobering the RC process thread or something. Also curious is why this would rear its ugly head during the descent and approach. Is ASA doing something different (priorty wise)? FWIW, I am running a 1GB LAN between my boxes and have never seen this before. Maybe ASA/Simconnect starts flooding the LAN, slowing WideFS somehow. The reason I say this is becuase I think my FS Flight Keeper (also on the wideclient) also starts recording events in batches, which is something else I haven't seen before.ASA DWC and smoothing were both on, as well as enhance route coverage and graduated visability.This needs to be checked by one of the SP1 beta testers (preferably on a wideclient) before you release the next candidate. It becomes obvious when it happens.Sorry I'm just noticing this, but I've had very little time to enjoy the virtual skies lately.Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi Jim, Damien, JD, et al;I am noticing this now as well. With both ASA (355) and RC4 running on my wideclient, RC becomes very unresponsive during the approach and landing phase. I made sure ASA was running with 'High Priority' unchecked. I don't ever recall this issue with ASX, or even possibily ASA v1. Durning the landing phase, RC was taking 10 to 15 seconds to respond to a key-command and several times it had issued the 'cleared to land' guidance while I'm crossing the threashold, 50ft before touchdown.What I find interesting is that RC is using WideFS and ASA is using Simconnect, but I swear, its as if ASA starts clobering the RC process thread or something. Also curious is why this would rear its ugly head during the descent and approach. Is ASA doing something different (priorty wise)? FWIW, I am running a 1GB LAN between my boxes and have never seen this before. Maybe ASA/Simconnect starts flooding the LAN, slowing WideFS somehow. The reason I say this is becuase I think my FS Flight Keeper (also on the wideclient) also starts recording events in batches, which is something else I haven't seen before.ASA DWC and smoothing were both on, as well as enhance route coverage and graduated visability.This needs to be checked by one of the SP1 beta testers (preferably on a wideclient) before you release the next candidate. It becomes obvious when it happens.Sorry I'm just noticing this, but I've had very little time to enjoy the virtual skies lately.Regards,

Thanks Al,I'll post this for the Beta team to look at and see if they have the same set up.Kenny,You didn't seem to post anything so I'll say that you are experiencing the same thing and that we will look into things.

Guest over and out

I'm using RC4 on my main machine with Fs9 and It crashed when I go from full screen to window mode when I try to start RC4. After I start it, I try to go back to full screen and Fs9 crashes?I dont have the problem unless I srtar RC4. I use ASky6 with widefs on my client machine.

Hi James,We have not had any reports of ASv6.5 crashing RC4. Are there any messages from FS after it crashes?Thanks,

I have the same problem with ASA running, RC4.3 in FSX becomes slow to respond. This is usually most noticeable in the approach and landing phase. It takes so long to get a response, I'm on the runway before cleared to land. It only happens when ASA is running. It can take 30 seconds or longer from pressing the transmit button, to actually hearing my response to ATC.I've stopped using ASA until the SP is out. I find it very slow on the startup (what it;'s doing, I don't know), it seems to use a lot of resources, it crashes if started after FSX, and it's creating problems with RC4. I never had these problems with 6.5, so I am somewhat disappointed in ASA. Not what I expected.

I have the same problem with ASA running, RC4.3 in FSX becomes slow to respond. This is usually most noticeable in the approach and landing phase. It takes so long to get a response, I'm on the runway before cleared to land. It only happens when ASA is running. It can take 30 seconds or longer from pressing the transmit button, to actually hearing my response to ATC.I've stopped using ASA until the SP is out. I find it very slow on the startup (what it;'s doing, I don't know), it seems to use a lot of resources, it crashes if started after FSX, and it's creating problems with RC4. I never had these problems with 6.5, so I am somewhat disappointed in ASA. Not what I expected.
Turn off DWC. You'll probably find that everything will go faster without DWC. DWC appears to run some sort of continuous processing loop that locks RC out..

Petraeus

Guest over and out

NO, I think my note above was misleading. I have no problem with AS6, I was having problems switching between full screen and window mode when starting RC4, and I just neted that I use As6 aslo. The problem I was having was resolved.

Hi James,We have not had any reports of ASv6.5 crashing RC4. Are there any messages from FS after it crashes?Thanks,