Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Brian's New Hawker 605

Merry Christmas everyone! If you haven't given yourself an extra Christmas gift by downloading Brian's Hawker modified panel, you're missing a treat. This isn't just a panel, but a new aircraft/panel/repaint.I had the pleasure of running some test flights on this aircraft while Brian was fine-tuning it. Here's a shot of a portion of the finished panel mod:fly0079.jpgOutside of the obvious mechanical gauges of an earlier version, he's added some great extras:

• Increased ground steering response
  • Digital readouts have been added for N1 and the Ventral Tank
  • Com, Nav, ADF, & Transponder single modules with standby
  • Transponder has Mode C
  • KLN89 GPS

Here's a slide-show from one of the first test flights. Note that the panel has gone through some changes since these images were produced, including the addition of a radar altimeter. Mouse-over the slide-show to get some controls for pausing and proceeding manually:th_fly0006.jpgTestflight Slide-showDownload it and have some fun!

Randall Rocke

Merry Christmas everyone! If you haven't given yourself an extra Christmas gift by downloading Brian's Hawker modified panel, you're missing a treat. This isn't just a panel, but a new aircraft/panel/repaint.G'day Randall,Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all. I hope everyone is enjoying the festive season.Nice little slide show presentation you have made. Shows off Brians work well. What a great transformation Brian has made to the Hawker panel. It may just be me showing my age :( but the modern digital panels just leave me cold (and confused :( ). The older style analogue gauges have much more appeal to me. I'm no Luddite, just personal preference. Cheers,Roger

Merry Christmas Roger!I'm very comfortable with the mechanical gauges, as that's pretty well all we had in my flying days. However, I must say that there are some advantages to the CRTs, moving tapes, etc. By adding digital readouts, Brian has really improved on some areas.Wishing you a Happy New Year!

Randall Rocke

Hello, everyone.I am glad to see that new things are still coming up for Fly!. Thank you, for the new panel. Anything else that may be in the pipeline? Legacy? Direct link to Panel:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...;Go=Change+ViewIs there a DVD / CD set that may be available with all / most of the models, Scenery (So Cal), etc. that one can get without having to search and download. Thanks, TV

Hi TV - it's good to hear from you!The only DVD set I'm aware of is the ROTW disc, orderable from their site. I understand It's got quite a compilation of aircraft and scenery. I'm not sure as to how much scenery is included for other areas of the world, but they certainly included a great deal of their French scenery and, I believe, all of the ROTW aircraft models.

Randall Rocke