Sign in to follow this  

New pilot

I am new to MS Flight Sim 2002, and I'm loving it! I would like to learn as much as I can about flying. So far I've read the ground school guild book and some of the ATC guild book, and I taken the flight lessons up to VOR navigation. The ground school helped me learn a lot about principals, but now I need to practice. I feel like I'm doing pretty good with slow flight, But I wish I could be more consistent with my landings. Even with no wind conditions, It's hard to be (graceful) each time. I would love to fly an ILS approach but I feel I should at least be able to land gracefully, consistently first. The interactive lessons are great, I just wish there were more of them. I have seen a book, I think the title was "MS Flight Sim Strategy Guild". Would this book be good for me? 1. A lot of the information I come across is beyond the beginner lever.I would love to get more information and instruction for beginners. Can anyone Help? Thanks LG

Hey LG, Check your "Private Message Inbox" in your user options. I have left you a message with information regarding this. And, welcome to the Flightsim world :DJason

Here are a couple of places that will help:The first is "The FS2002 Pilot's Assistant", at:http://www.tooby.demon.co.uk/FS2002/FS2002_Assistant.htmlThere's lots of stuff there. See, for example, the section on "Flight Procedures", which will take you through each stage of the flight and will point you at help and information for each stage. It will also let you find most of the other good stuff on flight simming, of which there is a huge amount! Take some time to get to know this site. Of course I'm biased, having written it (with a great deal of help from others), but I think you'll find it's worth while.Also, if you're looking for a list of tutorials and guides to flying, there's a good list here (which you'll also be pointed to from the previous site):http://www.tooby.demon.co.uk/P_Assist_Desc...on.html#LessonsHave fun!--Brian ToobyTCA Pilot #2658Pilot's Assistant Home Page:http://www.tooby.demon.co.uk/P_Assist_Home.html