Sign in to follow this  
Guest GREENGRASS

Saving Cache Folders To A External Drive

Guest GREENGRASS

I have tried placing my cache folders to a external drivebut tile proxy is taking upto 45 minutes to load.If i have them on a built in drive 5 to 15 minutes to loadDo i assume by this that externall drives are a no noor is there anyone using this type of drive succesfully.my thanks for your input DON

Guest cbuchner1
I have tried placing my cache folders to a external drivebut tile proxy is taking upto 45 minutes to load.If i have them on a built in drive 5 to 15 minutes to loadDo i assume by this that externall drives are a no noor is there anyone using this type of drive succesfully.my thanks for your input DON
Is this drive fast otherwise? Is it using USB 2.0? Make sure it is plugged into an USB 2.0 port (not USB 1)Did you move just the Service caches or the Tileproxy Photoreal World folder as well? Hint: the safest way to move these folders is by re-installing Tileproxy with different folder locations and THEN copying the previous folder contents into the newly created folders on the new drive.If the new folder locations are on the same drive, the Tileproxy installer will even attempt a move by renaming the folder.Christian

Guest GREENGRASS
Is this drive fast otherwise? Is it using USB 2.0? Make sure it is plugged into an USB 2.0 port (not USB 1)Did you move just the Service caches or the Tileproxy Photoreal World folder as well? Hint: the safest way to move these folders is by re-installing Tileproxy with different folder locations and THEN copying the previous folder contents into the newly created folders on the new drive.If the new folder locations are on the same drive, the Tileproxy installer will even attempt a move by renaming the folder.Christian
Thanks Christian for your helpI have found that this drive is FAT32 and tried converting it to ntfs but had no lucki would think this is my problem.i get so far with the conversion but it asks for the drive volume, i entered the full drive volume also the volume remaining at the present time but it doesnt accept these replies .But it isnt too much of a problem as i seldom fly over the same area twice and clear out the caches often.I cannot thank you enough for this great program i love it, we have the world all here to exploreTHANKS DON