Sign in to follow this  
737Best

Scenery Enhancements

Hey everyone!!With the release of Real Environment X, I have been incredibly confused as to what enhancement I should invest in. I have seen all these things on Flight1 like Flight Environment X and Ground Environment X and I am curious if they are made from the same company or if they are even the same levels of quality? I am not sure whether I want a mesh or not, but I know I want some texture enhancements (which I know all of these products provide). I am soo confused though because there are so many options!!!!Can anyone give me advice on which way to go? Or should I buy more than one? Which combos are the best?Thanks!P.S.: I hope everyone's Christmas was merry and Hanukkah is going well! :(

Well, you can't go wrong with GEX and also when they release GEX Europe that will also be a must have. I dont have REX, but I do have FEX because it was released first and from what I can tell, beside the weather part of the program, does basically the same thing. If I were to buy today I would have to take a closer look at the difference between REX and GEX. For now, I have no plans to buy REX and get rid of GEX. Either way, what ever you buy from Flight1 has a refund policy if you purchase, try, and dont like it, you can get a refund. IMHO Flight1 is one of the best vendors around. If you can afford to get GEX and either FEX or REX, I would recommend getting both. You might also look into Ultimate Terrain X if you haven't already got it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest PPSFA

FEX and GEX are 2 'must haves' for me

I completely forgot about UTX. From what I am reading, FEX and REX are pretty much the same thing, so I guess I will go with REX. I definitely will take another look at UTX before I make my decision.Thanks everyone!

I completely forgot about UTX. From what I am reading, FEX and REX are pretty much the same thing, so I guess I will go with REX. I definitely will take another look at UTX before I make my decision.Thanks everyone!
I

Guest Sterk

Before making desicions it's important to understand what each of this addons do.Ground Environment replaces ground texturesFlight Environment replaces cloud and sky texturesReal Environment replaces cloud,sky,water textures plus includes a weather engine(like ActiveSky).Ultimate Terrain contains landclass dataSo,if you have REX you dont need FEX and ActiveSky anymore.(BTW most of simmers report big advantage of REX over FEX in terms of FPS).But you still need GEX for ground textures.2kiki.FS gets more and more complex platform with every version released so it demands more and more work,time and knowledge to create good and high quality addon...

I'm a low & slow North America flyer, I rarely venture off the continent, so I target my scenery cash there.GEX and UTX and FS Genesis mesh on the ground, and FEX in the clouds. Everything looks great. It will cost a few bucks, but with this package you don't really need anything else. You've got North America from top to bottom in fine detail with excellent eye candy.