Sign in to follow this  
Guest mutaco

Help Needed with a GeForce4MX card.

Guest mutaco

I know this topic had been covered earlier, however, I didn't have a GeForce 4 MX card back then. I just got a new computer since my old machine died on me the other day, and ended buying an HP854n. Well, everything is working great on this except for any of the gMax or FSDS2 planes with Alpha layers are not showing up.As a painter, this becoming a major problem of mine, as there's no way for me to check my end result...Anyone knows how to fix this? Are there any solution to this or should I just go and ge a GeForce4 Ti series? or Radeon?Any inputs are highly appreciated.Takehiro Nakamura

www.flightsim.com gfmxdsp.zip or somthing like that...

Guest kilo_sierra17

It depends on what you can afford, if you have the money, go for the 9700 PRO, or if you dont have that cash, I would go for the GeForce 4 Ti 4200, it is definetly a good card. It all depends on how much money you are willing to spend.

Guest mutaco

Shane, and Kurt, thank you very much.One of the main reason I bought this HP machine was its ability to capture off the Direct CABLE TV feed. And is the only other machine that I could find for the consumer use that is designed to do non-linear video editing and is cheaper than Vaio. I also use a lot of 3D modelling programs such as AutoCAD and 3D Studio Viz for my work... I hear GeForce4 Ti is a decent card. I'll be happy if the card can handle a lot of Direct 3D and OpenGL, since that's all I am looking for.Meanwhile, for now, the reflection is back and I am back to doing some new paint jobs.

try to change your desktop setting 16bit instead 32bit that sometimes useful

try to change your desktop setting 16bit instead 32bit that sometimes useful
Nice thread lift there. OP must have been anxiously waiting the answer for over 8,5 years (for FS2000?)LMAO.gif