Sign in to follow this  
viper26

How To Disable Automatic Axis And Buttons Assign?

Hi everyone,does anyone knows how do force Flight Simulator to doesn't automatically assign axis and buttons from my controllers for FlightSim functions?I have near everytime after loading FS to delete newly mapped buttons and axis from controls option. I'm using FSUIPC for complete controllers mapping, so FS internal mapping doing a real mess.It's not comfortable to find, just before take-off, throttles for engine 1 mapped simultaneously on 3 different axis.Any ideas, like cfg command etc.?Thanks. Michal.

MichalIf you use FSUIPC for all your assignments (I do), you should "disable joystick" in FS9 itself. It is a menu/settings item. No need to edit the cfg file.

Peter Schluter

Are you using any other software that perhaps came with your controls? If so, that might be interfering and might possibly be removed from the equation. Also consider in FSUIPC when mapping to save it for the specific aircraft.For a test, rename FSUIPC.dll to FSUIPC.dlh so it can't start. Start FS and do the control assignments thing doing something different from the default. Close FS and restart it and check to see if your new assignments stuck. Reset them to something you normally would use. Create a new flight (I recommend a parked DEFAULT aircraft like the Baron engines shut down) with the clear weather theme and save it both under a name AND WITH THE DEFAULT FLIGHT CHECKED. This be run in the background partially every time FS starts. Close FS.Rename FSUIPC back to FSUIPC.dllStart FS and check the FS control assignments to see if they are still holding. Create a flight with a default aircraft. Map the controls as you wish in FSUIPC and save checking the box to save it for this aircraft. Save this flight. Close and reopen FS loading the test flight you just saved. Did the control assignments stick? If so you have now determined that a default aircraft works with the mapped controls saved.Repeat the process above with the aircraft you are having difficulty with mapping and saving the controls with the aircraft name box checked. Close and restart FS loading a flight with this aircraft. Is everything OK? If not then your problem is aircraft specific and might have control mappings of its own.http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54 is the FSUIPC support forum and you'll find some pinned topics in the second section that might apply there including one for CH product mapping.Also look at these few older links at http://www.stickworks.com/ to see if anything helps.

Hi everyone,does anyone knows how do force Flight Simulator to doesn't automatically assign axis and buttons from my controllers for FlightSim functions?I have near everytime after loading FS to delete newly mapped buttons and axis from controls option. I'm using FSUIPC for complete controllers mapping, so FS internal mapping doing a real mess.It's not comfortable to find, just before take-off, throttles for engine 1 mapped simultaneously on 3 different axis.Any ideas, like cfg command etc.?Thanks. Michal.

So, after few experiments following your advices I figure this - the best and most dependable option is to disable joysticks in settings menu and all controls assign thru FSUIPC.No more problems, no more buttons and axis mapped in FS controls.And it was so simple. Just uncheck one item .......... :( Many thanks guys. You save my sanity.Michal.

So, after few experiments following your advices I figure this - the best and most dependable option is to disable joysticks in settings menu and all controls assign thru FSUIPC.No more problems, no more buttons and axis mapped in FS controls.And it was so simple. Just uncheck one item .......... :( Many thanks guys. You save my sanity.Michal.
Michal,you can also put a "LOCKED=1" statement in FS9.cfg under each JOYSTICK_MAIN and JOYSTICK_SLEW line. Works like a charm and prevents FS from assigning and re-assigning commands and axes each time you start FS. Useful for aircraft where FSUIPC assignments do bad things (Feelthere Airbus) :(Regards,Jure

Jure: Good tip. I'm putting this line in to cfg right now.pschlute: I always making backups of all important things. Just for example, I have now complete mirror of FS9 folder on another HDD.Thanks for your help.