Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

Problem Loading Fs Build Flight Plans Into The Md-11

Guest cliffie1931

Despite exporting my FS Build Flight Plans to PMDG and FSX I cannot load them into the MD-11 FMCU.I have sought guidance from the FS Build Forum but, so far, without a reply.However the question was previously answered in that Forum for someone else as follows : "To load the flight plan into the PMDG FMC use the '<b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">CO ROUTE' LSK</b>. Enter the Co Route as DEPDEST in the scratchpad (ex KLAXKDFW) then press the '<b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">CO ROUTE' LSK</b> to load the flight plan. "I'm at a loss to understand what these instructions mean.Help would be appreciated.Cliff

The MD11 is different from the Boeings in how to load saved flightplans.When you enter KLAX/KDFW on the INIT screen, it displays a second screen with either None Found or a display of flight plans for that route. Simply insert the desired flight plan using *Insert. It is that easy. If none found is displayed, then FSBuild setup needs tweaked but if it works for the 747x it will also work for the MD11 (same file location). I believe the tutorial uses this method... of course, you have flown the tutorial, right?

Dan Downs KCRP

Using the above airport examples try KLAX/KDFW and enter it to the FROM/ TO field. Beat me to it lol, took me 3 minutes to post it, the forum went dead for that long.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest cliffie1931
The MD11 is different from the Boeings in how to load saved flightplans.When you enter KLAX/KDFW on the INIT screen, it displays a second screen with either None Found or a display of flight plans for that route. Simply insert the desired flight plan using *Insert. It is that easy. If none found is displayed, then FSBuild setup needs tweaked but if it works for the 747x it will also work for the MD11 (same file location). I believe the tutorial uses this method... of course, you have flown the tutorial, right?
Flown the tutorial? Yup. And everything went like a dream. Not now though. 1.In FS Build I set the Options to Build from Route Waypoints.Export Crossing altitudesStep Climb profilesInclude TO/TODDisplay route Waypoints on mapUse RVSM flight levels.2 In FS Build I clicked on Export after ticking the following:FS2004/FSXFSXPMDG 737/747 (MSFS)3. In the MD-11 I entered into the Co. Route:KLAXKDFW001 and received the message "Not in Data Base"4. In the From/TO box I entered KLAX/KDFW and, on the second screen, it said "None"I feel like a drowning man shouting to the shore for HELP!Regards................Cliff

This is easy once you know the answer. FSBuild saves the flight plan as KLASKDFW.rte without the sequence number. Note this when FSBuild flashes (too quickly for study) the dialog box that it has saved the flight plan and you can also open the flightplan folder and inspect the filenames in there. You could also skip entering the COROUTE since by entering the FROM/TO it will automatically look for that city pair in about three locations. See FMS.10.9 note that you enter either COROUTE or FROM/TO.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest cliffie1931
This is easy once you know the answer. FSBuild saves the flight plan as KLASKDFW.rte without the sequence number. Note this when FSBuild flashes (too quickly for study) the dialog box that it has saved the flight plan and you can also open the flightplan folder and inspect the filenames in there. You could also skip entering the COROUTE since by entering the FROM/TO it will automatically look for that city pair in about three locations. See FMS.10.9 note that you enter either COROUTE or FROM/TO.
Hey Dan..........."curiouser and curiouser" as quoted by Alice in Wonderland. Even she hadn't encountered this problem. 1. In the Co. Route I tried:LKASKDRW.rte and got format error.KLASKDRWrte and got "Not in Data Base"KLASKDRW and got "Not in Data Base.2. In the From/to I entered KLAS/KDFW
Hey Dan..........."curiouser and curiouser" as quoted by Alice in Wonderland. Even she hadn't encountered this problem. 1. In the Co. Route I tried:LKASKDRW.rte and got format error.KLASKDRWrte and got "Not in Data Base"KLASKDRW and got "Not in Data Base.2. In the From/To I entered KLAS/KDFW and got "None"3. I then went back to FS Build (Version 2.3.1 Build 209), hit AUTOGENERATE which gave the message "Stored route found".Yet when when I tried to inspect the file names as you suggested this route doesn't show. In fact I can find no departures from the USA at all. All are from Europe, Africa or Canada. How can that be if it notes that "Stored route found"?Cliff

Guest swanrunner

Cliff, This may not be your problem. I am using Windows Vista and had problems with FS Build in the beginning not saving files even though it was saying it had. I disabled account control access and open both FS Build and FSX with the run as administrator option. FS Build files worked fine after that.John

Yet when when I tried to inspect the file names as you suggested this route doesn't show. In fact I can find no departures from the USA at all. All are from Europe, Africa or Canada. How can that be if it notes that "Stored route found"?
Clliff,Are you sure the routes are stored in the FSX flight plan folder? If I remember correctly from reading on the FSB forum all flightplans are stored in FS9 flight plan folder, even the FSX ones, and you have to move them to the correct FSX folder. Hope it helps,

You do not want to put file extensions (.rte or whatever) in to the FMC CDU CO_ROUTE field.Have you gone into your FSX\PMDG\Flightplans\ folder to see if it is there? (I do not have FSX but I imagine the folder hierarchy is the same.)If you are a dual FS9-FSX user there are special instructions for setting up FSBuild to export to each sim. Check out their support forum.

Guest cliffie1931
Cliff, This may not be your problem. I am using Windows Vista and had problems with FS Build in the beginning not saving files even though it was saying it had. I disabled account control access and open both FS Build and FSX with the run as administrator option. FS Build files worked fine after that.John
My thanks to all of you. It's now late at night here in Spain so I'll hit the sack and tomorrow dig deeper using your suggestions. And, if I may, report back on the results.Regards.................Cliff

Guest cliffie1931
Not quite there yet.1.After disabling Account control and running FS Build and FSX as Administrator the Flight Plan was saved to "User Flight Plans". This is the first time I've been able to get FS Build acknowledge saving a flight Plan.However the FMCU couldn't find it.2.I no longer have FS9 but looked everywhere I could without finding this Flight Plan. I even used the Vista Search facility but with no result. This includes the FSX\PMDG\Flight Plans folder.Any other ideas guys?Cliff