Sign in to follow this  
Guest godfather103

Saitek Pro Flight Dual Throttle Problem

Guest godfather103

So I just got the Pro Flight Yoke, throttle, and rudder pedals. However, I got an extra throttle quadrant, nearly identical, but it does not have a USB connection. I instead, it has a round connector that supposedly goes into the round port in the Yoke controller box. I have not yet been able to get this second throttle quadrant to work. I have installed all drivers (I think), as well as the installation software (I tried the throttle before and after installing the software). The computer still does not sense the second throttle quadrant.Would appreciated any suggestions. I am running FS9 on Windows XP. Thank you very much!

Guest Tophatter

I only have experience with the stand alone usb throttle but I am pretty sure the one that comes with the yoke is not seen as a separate unit, it is seen as part of the yoke. I would check the yoke axis assignments in FS.Bud

Hi Godfather,When you say you can't get the 2nd throttle to work do you mean in Game Controllers in Control Panel or in FS9 itself?You should always do an initial calibration in Windows Game Controllers and ensure each item of hardware is recognised by Windows.There's no need to install the software supplied by Saitek. XP should pick everything up. Once you have things sorted in XP the best way to calibrate the yoke and throttles is via a registered version of FSUIPC.There is a known issue with the second quadrant but this can be solved by reading this link and following the embedded link to the solution on the Saitek forum. http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...=saitek#p453497

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest godfather103
Hi Godfather,When you say you can't get the 2nd throttle to work do you mean in Game Controllers in Control Panel or in FS9 itself?You should always do an initial calibration in Windows Game Controllers and ensure each item of hardware is recognised by Windows.There's no need to install the software supplied by Saitek. XP should pick everything up. Once you have things sorted in XP the best way to calibrate the yoke and throttles is via a registered version of FSUIPC.There is a known issue with the second quadrant but this can be solved by reading this link and following the embedded link to the solution on the Saitek forum. http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...=saitek#p453497
I mean I can't get the 2nd throttle to work in either. When I use "Game Controllers" in Windows, 3 items appear. Saitek Pro Flight Rudder PedalsSaitek Pro Flight YokeSaitek Pro Flight Throttle QuadrantWhen I hilight the throttle quadrant one, and click "Properties", I get the test axes for the three levers on the Throttle Quadrant that has the USB connection (I can connect it to either directly the PC or the Yoke Box, works either way).Shouldn't I be seeing test axes for six levers instead of 3?

Hi,The entry Saitek Pro Flight Yoke controls the quadrant connected via the special cable. That has three axes.The entry Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant controls the second quadrant you attached via the USB cable to the body of the Yoke and also has three axes. That makes a total of 6 axes with two pieces of hardware.You won't see any single item showing six axes as they are two separate pieces of hardware. It sounds like everything is installed okay.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest godfather103
Hi,The entry Saitek Pro Flight Yoke controls the quadrant connected via the special cable. That has three axes.The entry Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant controls the second quadrant you attached via the USB cable to the body of the Yoke and also has three axes. That makes a total of 6 axes with two pieces of hardware.You won't see any single item showing six axes as they are two separate pieces of hardware. It sounds like everything is installed okay.
Ok, I looked, and in fact it does have three axes showing under the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke. Thanks for pointing that out.But when I try to move the throttles connected via the special cable, none of the axes move, and none of the buttons light up.

Ok, I looked, and in fact it does have three axes showing under the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke. Thanks for pointing that out.But when I try to move the throttles connected via the special cable, none of the axes move, and none of the buttons light up.
Is that when calibrating via Game Controllers? Does it say OK against the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke or something else? That is the one connected via the 'special cable'.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest godfather103
Is that when calibrating via Game Controllers? Does it say OK against the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke or something else? That is the one connected via the 'special cable'.
Yes it does say "Ok" for the Yoke. I will try and post screenshots later on here to see if that helps visualize my configurations.

Yes it does say "Ok" for the Yoke. I will try and post screenshots later on here to see if that helps visualize my configurations.
If it say's OK then Windows has recognised it correctly. There was an issue with the additional Throttle Quadrant where the levers were only recognised as being either on or off. That can be fixed by following the link I provided earlier.But the Yoke's levers should work out of the box. Maybe your screenshots will help determine what's wrong. Also consider deinstalling the Saitek software. It's not necessary for FS9/X anyway.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest godfather103
If it say's OK then Windows has recognised it correctly. There was an issue with the additional Throttle Quadrant where the levers were only recognised as being either on or off. That can be fixed by following the link I provided earlier.But the Yoke's levers should work out of the box. Maybe your screenshots will help determine what's wrong. Also consider deinstalling the Saitek software. It's not necessary for FS9/X anyway.
Well, I don't know how or why, but now it has decided to start working.Only thing is, the middle lever dosen't seem to work completely. When I assign it a function through MSFS, it seems to accept it. But it will not move the throttle lever assigned, or spoilers when assigned those, or flaps when assigned those.But everything else is peachy.Thanks for all the input!

Well, I don't know how or why, but now it has decided to start working.Only thing is, the middle lever dosen't seem to work completely. When I assign it a function through MSFS, it seems to accept it. But it will not move the throttle lever assigned, or spoilers when assigned those, or flaps when assigned those.But everything else is peachy.Thanks for all the input!
Hi,I'm not sure which lever you're referring to - the one assigned to the yoke or the one on the extra throttle quadrant. If it's the one on the extra quadrant it may need that fix I pointed you to. It operates as either on or off instead of a normal axis.If you have a registered version of FSUIPC consider using that to calibrate your axes. It's far more accurate than the FS system.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather