Sign in to follow this  
Guest mleuck

Sound Issue With Pmdg 737

Guest mleuck

I noticed a very "scratchy" sound while using the PMDG 737. Have others experienced this issue? If so, is there a fix?Any information will be appreciated.Thank youMichael

I noticed a very "scratchy" sound while using the PMDG 737. Have others experienced this issue? If so, is there a fix?Any information will be appreciated.Thank youMichael
Perhaps you are listening the elevator trim wheels rotating...

Hello Michael,At which stage of the flight is the issue here? Do you mean generally or at a specific moment?I have a sound which seems like the one describe but I'm using a laptop so it's probably due to a low-end soundcard.

I had in the past also a problem with my sound. I am flying B744. Difficult to discribe but at about FL150 that scratchy sound begon. I don't know when (i mean with witch patch or upgrade) it started, it's to long ago.That scratchy sound was the "wind" that blows along the cockpit at higher speeds and altitudes and is typical for this bird.But it was to annoying to listen to, so my solution was to alter the "Sound.ini" file so that this "wind" came up only at FL600 (witch i never reach with this bird. Now my problem is "solved" altough i miss the wind blowing passed FL150.

That scratchy sound was the "wind" that blows along the cockpit at higher speeds and altitudes and is typical for this bird.
Not only for this bird, not only at high altitutude, and not only at higher speeds. The wind hitting against the cockpit windows makes it one of the noisiest places in the world that I've been.

Guest M-Sauce
Michael, this is a really old issue/bug with FS9, dates back a long time. It relates to something about the graphics if I remember right, but you hear it with many aircraft and last I heard, there is no solution. It is not aircraft specific.Mariano :(

Michael, this is a really old issue/bug with FS9, dates back a long time. It relates to something about the graphics if I remember right, but you hear it with many aircraft and last I heard, there is no solution. It is not aircraft specific.Mariano :(
I've had the same sort of problem. It doesn't happen all of the times, just sometimes. It seems to be very loud and occurs when the aircraft first loads. Sometimes it gets resolved by switching to the Spot Plane view and then back a few times. At other times, I have to restart MSFS...Let us know if you find something.Bob

Hi guys,Try to press "Q" twice when something similar happens, this resets all FS sounds.Also, if you have a powerful PC, in the FS9 graphics options set the maximum fps to say 60 - do not leave this setting on "unlimited" as this is known to cause some sound problems.Thanks,Armen

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer