Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest FlightLevel380

Must I Uninstall Rc4 With New Install Of Fsx

Hi JD,I want to uninstall then reinstall FSX.I have RC4 for FSX installed already.Must I uninstall RC4 as well and reinstall it or can I just leave RC4 and it will work again after reinstalling FSX and FSUIPC.Mike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi JD,I want to uninstall then reinstall FSX.I have RC4 for FSX installed already.Must I uninstall RC4 as well and reinstall it or can I just leave RC4 and it will work again after reinstalling FSX and FSUIPC.Mike
should be fine. will fsx go into the same directory as it is now? you will have to manually install fsuipc and makerwys after your fsx installjd

will fsx go into the same directory as it is now? you will have to manually install fsuipc and makerwys after your fsx install
Okay thanks, I thought it would still be good since it runs outside FS; as long as all the paths remain the same. I don't remember ever installing Peter Dowson's "makerwys", I see it in my main FS folder. I guess it comes with RC4.3 when it's installed. I don't want to take anymore of your time on this, I can simply reinstall it, forgot that you had your automated system set up to quickly deliver keys.Great product, it's one FS Addon that I could not do without!!Mike

Hi,It worked, I wouldn't have known about the "makerwys".Thanks & Happy New YearMike